New in Theaters - 9/24/10

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 9/24/10
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 9:12am

Buried

Paul Conroy is not ready to die.

But when he wakes up six feet underground with no idea of who put him there or why, life for the truck driver and family man instantly becomes a hellish struggle for survival.

Buried with only a cell phone and a lighter, his contact with the outside world and ability to piece together clues that could help him discover his location are maddeningly limited.

Poor reception, a rapidly draining battery, and a dwindling oxygen supply become his worst enemies in a tightly confined race against time, fighting panic, despair and delirium, Paul has only ninety minutes to be rescued before his worst nightmare comes true.

Starring Ryan Reynolds, Robert Paterson, José Luis García-Pérez, Stephen Tobolowsky, Samantha Mathis

Directed by Rodrigo Cortés

Running Time - 1:40
Genre -
Suspense/Thriller
Opened in Theaters - Friday, September 24th, 2010

R
language and some violent content

Enter the Void

The story of a young man, Oscar, who after the brutal death of his parents, makes a promise to his sister never to leave her, no matter what, but is killed at the hands of corrupt police.

Starring Nathaniel Brown, Paz de la Huerta, Cyril Roy, Emily Alyn Lind, Jesse Kuhn

Directed by Gaspar Noé

Running Time - 2:43
Genre -
Drama

Not Rated

Friction

Filmmaker Cullen Hoback travels to a private high school where he creates a movie about a real couple and the student who comes between them. Through the process of making the film, hidden truths about the real lives of the actors playing themselves are revealed, and the line between fiction and reality blurs.

What remains is part documentary, part fiction, in a one of a kind story that will keep you guessing long after the shattering conclusion.

Starring Ernest Thompson, Amy Mathison, August Thompson, Jeremy Mathison

Directed by Cullen Hoback

Running Time - 1:29
Genre -
Comedy

Not Rated

It's Kind of a Funny Story

Stressed out from the demands of being a teenager, 16-year-old Craig checks himself into a mental health clinic. There he learns that the youth ward is closed and finds himself stuck in the adult ward. One of the patients, Bobby, soon becomes both Craig's mentor and protégé. Craig is also drawn to another 16-year-old, Noelle.

With a minimum five days' stay imposed on him, Craig is sustained by friendships on both the inside and the outside as he learns more about life, love, and the pressures of growing up.

Starring Keir Gilchrist, Zach Galifianakis, Emma Roberts, Viola Davis, Zoë Kravitz

Directed by Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Running Time - 1:41
Genre -
Drama

PG-13
mature thematic issues, sexual content, drug material and language

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Soren is a young owl who is enthralled by his father's epic stories of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a mythic band of winged warriors who had fought a great battle to save all of owlkind from the evil Pure Ones.

While he dreams of someday joining his heroes, his older brother, Kludd, scoffs at the notion, and yearns to hunt, fly and steal his father's favor from his younger sibling. But Kludd's jealousy has terrible consequences--causing both owlets to fall from their treetop home and right into the talons of the Pure Ones.

Now it is up to Soren to make a daring escape with the help of other brave young owls. Together they soar across the sea and through the mist to find the Great Tree, home of the legendary Guardians of Ga'Hoole--Soren's only hope of defeating the Pure Ones and saving the owl kingdoms.

Starring Emily Barclay, Abbie Cornish, Ryan Kwanten, Anthony LaPaglia, Miriam Margolyes, Helen Mirren, Sam Neill, Richard Roxburgh, Geoffrey Rush, Jim Sturgess, Hugo Weaving, David Wenham

Directed by Zack Snyder

Running Time - 1:30
Genre -
Animation

Also showing in:
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole An IMAX Experience
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole An IMAX 3D Experience

PG
some sequences of scary action

Like Dandelion Dust

Joey lives an idyllic life with his parents on the coast of Florida. His days are spent playing with his cousins, sailing with his dad, and making up stories with his mom. It's a perfect life until the day they receive a disturbing phone call: a stranger's decision could tear Joey away from the comfort and security of the only home he's ever known.

One family is determined to keep the son they love, the other is determined to begin a new life, the life they've always dreamed of. Joey's future rests in their hands and someone must make the bravest decision of their life. Sometimes the greatest love is letting go.

Starring Mira Sorvino, Barry Pepper, Kate Levering, Maxwell Perry Cotton, Cole Hauser

Directed by Jon Gunn

Running Time - 1:40
Genre - Drama

PG-13
mature thematic material including domestic violence and alcohol abuse

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Emerging from a lengthy prison stint, Gordon Gekko finds himself on the outside of a world he once dominated.

Looking to repair his damaged relationship with his daughter, he forms an alliance with her fiancé Jacob, and Jacob begins to see him as a father figure. But Jacob learns the hard way that Gekko – still a master manipulator and player – is after something very different from redemption...

Starring Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Josh Brolin, Carey Mulligan, Susan Sarandon, Frank Langella

Directed by Oliver Stone

Running Time - 2:07
Genre -
Drama

aka Wall Street 2

PG-13
brief strong language and thematic elements

You Again

No matter how old you are, you never get over high school. Successful PR pro Marni

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 10:50am
My kids want to see Legends of the Guardians. I'm interested but only because I love owls.

Photobucket

Follow me to my Blog!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 12:21pm

I plan to see You Again sometime soon with my group of friends.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 2:04pm
I'll wait for the video and preview it before my
daughter sees it. The action scenes might be kind
of intense.

font-size: 14pt;">Susan

Photobucket

Photobucket

dietbudspowinners.gif

PhotobucketlifeispainPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

font-size: 12pt;">

organic tag created by Erin

(Wickedcupofjoe)
PhotobucketPhotobucketinvisible-yellow-cap

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:30pm

I want to see the Legend of the Guardians movie because I also love owls.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-24-2010 - 11:35pm
You Again sounds like fun. I've seen some hilarious
previews of that one. I would rent it.

font-size: 14pt;">Susan

Photobucket

Photobucket

dietbudspowinners.gif

PhotobucketlifeispainPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

font-size: 12pt;">

organic tag created by Erin

(Wickedcupofjoe)
PhotobucketPhotobucketinvisible-yellow-cap

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-26-2010 - 9:59pm

Hey everyone, did anyone get a chance to see You Again yet? I actually work with Touchstone and I'm excited to hear what you all think. Also, I have a great interview with Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver for you.

Check it out:
http://www.reelzchannel.com/trailer-clips/50601/you-again-interview

Edited 9/26/2010 10:08 pm ET by touchstonepictures