New in Theaters - 9/3/04

iVillage Member
New in Theaters - 9/3/04
Fri, 09-03-2004 - 9:05am
Broadway: The Golden Age

NR

This anecdotal history of the Broadway stage in the 1940s, '50s and '60s is told by such legends as Bea Arthur, Carol Burnett, Barbara Cook, Hume Cronyn, Ben Gazzara, Julie Harris, Angela Lansbury, Patricia Neal and Stephen Sondheim, among dozens of others.

Starring Edie Adams, Beatrice Arthur, Elizabeth Ashley, Alec Baldwin, Kaye Ballard

Genre - Documentary

The Cookout

PG-13 for drug content, sexual references and language

When Todd Anderson, the number one NBA draft pick goes from the Newark ghetto to a mansion, he tries to do the right thing by hosting the family cook out at his new digs. While many are drawn to the house for good food and family, others are drawn by the smell of money. It's up to the young man to decide who are his true family and friends and who are only interested in his new-found fortune.

Starring Tim Meadows, Eve, Ja Rule, Farrah Fawcett, Danny Glover, Meagan Good, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Lewis

Genre - Comedy

Paparazzi

PG-13 for intense violent sequences, sexual content and language

After being harassed by paparazzi photographers incessantly, leading to a tragic accident with his family, a rising actor takes it upon himself to eliminate the threat they present.

Starring Cole Hauser, Larry Cedar, Tom Sizemore, Robin Tunney, Dennis Farina

Genre - Drama

Vanity Fair

PG-13 for some sensuality/partial nudity and a brief violent image

The new film version of the classic novel, centering on Rebecca Sharp. Born into the lower class, Becky can rely on her wit, guile, and sexuality as she makes her way up through 1820's London society.

Starring Reese Witherspoon, James Purefoy, Romola Garai, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Gabriel Byrne

Opened in Theaters - Wednesday, September 1st, 2004

Genre - Drama

Wicker Park

PG-13 for sexuality and language

A man is obsessed with finding a woman he fell deeply in love with, and then vanished without a trace. Two years later, he catches a fleeting glimpse of her and begins a twisting search to find her and discover what really happened.

Starring Josh Hartnett, Diane Kruger, Rose Byrne, Matthew Lillard, Jessica Paré

Genre - Drama

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2004 - 5:59pm
Now that the convention is over, I have nothing to watch. :)

There seems to be nothing in theaters that appeals to me right now although Wicker Park sounds interesting. Hadn't heard anything about it, thanks for the summary. And thank goodness for video stores! Most of the weekend will be spent on yard work and cleaning the garage. :(

It will be nice to relax with a rental in the evening.

Have a good weekend.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2004 - 8:26am
Yes, Wicker Park does look interesting. Vanity Fair doesn't look too bad, either.

But I agree, there are more movies out in video that I'd like to see than are in the theaters now!

Have a good weekend, yourself. It'll be a quiet one for me, my dd and her dh will be here and we'll probably grill out, and play cards later, but not much else.

Leader of:
Movies!

Coffee Break
Consumer Retorts

Co-leader of:
Woman to Woman

Visit my Website

Photobucket