The Stepford Wives 1975 ...trivia

iVillage Member
The Stepford Wives 1975 ...trivia
Wed, 06-23-2004 - 9:56am
I rented and watched this. It was fun to see the 70's clothes and furnishings, hear the creepy music again, (creepy music for a creepy movie!) and see the star flipping her hair over and over. So here is my simple trivia question: who were the 2 main female stars in this 70's version of the movie? If that is too easy...who was a supporting actress?

Come to think of it, did any of you actually see this movie? I may be showing my age here!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2004 - 3:30pm
Yes, I not only saw it, I saw it when it came out in theaters!

I know Katherine Ross was one of the main actors in it (using the generic "actor" term), but I can't think who the other woman was! And I know that Tina Louise, the gal who played Ginger in Gilligan's Island, was in it, but she was a minor character.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-25-2004 - 9:41am
You're right. Katharine Ross was JoAnn. Tina Louise was Charmaine. The other main character was Paula Prentiss, playing the crazy Bobbi. Funny I don't think any of the men were recognizable names.

There are a lot of big names in the new one. Nicole Kidmann (is she making 30 movies a year now??) Faith Hill, Bette Midler (I love her), Matthew Broderick, and that older guy that I love but I can't think of his name right now!