Which Movie Should You See This Weekend? 11/8/13

Community Leader
Which Movie Should You See This Weekend? 11/8/13
Fri, 11-08-2013 - 12:11pm

Chris Hemsworth is once again on a mission to save Earth in Thor: The Dark World, and Domhnall Gleeson is sweeping Rachel McAdams off her feet in About Time. These are the movies to check out -- will you be grabbing your popcorn and seeing one of them this weekend?

'Thor: The Dark World' (Nov. 8)
Thor The Dark World Review

Walt Disney Studios

Short Story: As if saving all of New York City with The Avengers weren't enough, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is faced with yet another monumental task. When met with his most formidable enemy yet, Thor embarks on a dangerous, deeply personal mission that reunites him with Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and burdens him with saving Earth. Also starring Tom Hiddleston, who returns as Thor's power-hungry brother, Loki.
Click here for the official movie site!

What They're Saying: "Is Thor getting dumber, or am I?... With the release of The Dark World, the second film in the series about the hammer-wielding Norse god -- or the third if you count The Avengers -- I’m left with way more questions than I can answer." -- The Washington Post

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 70%

Good for Kids? For parents of little ones, be warned: Although Thor: The Dark World is only rated PG-13, Common Sense Media does say the film includes "intense battle scenes" featuring plenty of violence.
Click here for the full Common Sense review.
I really want to see Thor. REALLY. But I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to the theater before it's gone. :( This weekend is a bust, and I'm busy the next few weekends. Perhaps if it stays until December... LOL