Fall 2008 Previews and news

iVillage Member
Fall 2008 Previews and news
Mon, 05-12-2008 - 6:40pm

I'm sticking this in this folder since the news bumps down daily.

This week is "upfront" week in TV business -- the networks announce which shows are back, which new shows are picked up, etc.

TVGuide.com is a great source as well as thefutoncritic.com.

I'll try to add blurbs of news here instead of having new post for every show.

Here's todays news, so far:

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2008 - 9:49pm

My Boys returns to TBS on June 12 at 9:30 p.m. That’s when we’ll find out who got on the plane with PJ. I just got a postcard from PJ last week (okay I got a postcard from the TBS publicity department, but it’s more fun to say I got a postcard from PJ, isn’t it) and she writes "I’m having a total blast eating cheeses and sipping wine while sightseeing with my guy." It’s never too early to get this conversations started again . . . who do we think got on the plane with PJ? The postcard read like he's definitely someone who is a romantic possibility. She writes "I was so surprised to see him on the plan and now we don't know what the future may hold." So I’m thinking it's totally Brendan, how about you?

Monk is back for a seventh season on USA on July 18. As many of you have probably heard, Stanley Kamel who played Dr. Charles Kroger on the series died unexpectedly last month. He will be a much missed presence not only on Monk but on TV in general (I’ll always remember him as Amanda’s boss on Melrose Place and Dylan’s almost father-in-law on 90210). Hector Elizondo will join the series as Monk’s new therapist.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2008 - 9:56pm
Must say I am disappointed, but not surprised, about October Road.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2008 - 7:09am

Another site to keep an eye on:

Zap2it's 2008 Fall TV Preview

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2008 - 5:48pm
it's here: abc unveils its 2008-09 primetime schedule >>

A TREE ISN'T THE ONLY THING GROWING IN BROOKLYN! MTV HEADS TO BROOKLYN, NEW YORK AS "THE REAL WORLD" BEGINS PRODUCTION ON SEASON 21

The network has ordered 12 one-hour episodes of "The Real World: Brooklyn" which is scheduled to premiere in Q1 2009.

an easy-to-digest guide to the fall's broadcast and cable schedules

a quick guide to what's in, what's out and what's still up in the air

now you can track episode counts, air dates and more in real time!

check out our comprehensive overview of the summer season