Private Practice 2/10/11

iVillage Member
Private Practice 2/10/11
Fri, 02-11-2011 - 12:51pm

Is anyone else as happy as I am that Charlotte's rape plot finally ended?

Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-12-2011 - 8:45am

That was one of the best epis in a while!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 12:30pm

I'm with you both..

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 9:14pm
I agree that the show has gotten far away from the co-op private practice and much too hospital. I don't really like that. It used to be that they would have meetings to discuss how they could collectively help their patients, and now they don't even seem like a team. I hope that changes soon because this change seemed to really come about after Dell died.

Addison is really dramatic which was why I questioned Grey's doing a spin off centered around her in the first place. She can be interesting for 5 minutes and then you just feel like slapping her. I too wanted to know more about her mom. I had hoped they would have had a chance to at least come to some mutual respect and understanding instead of such a tragic end.

I think its time for a new character. Someone to help steer them back to the co-op medicine that got them all together in the first place. Perhaps a plastic surgeon that specialized in birth defects, victims of crimes, etc instead of cosmetic stuff. And I vote it be a gay man. We need someone who isn't going to be trying to screw everyone who works there.

--------
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-15-2011 - 12:33pm
Ooohhh.. I couldn't have said it better! What a great idea to have a gay guy. Not only is Charolotte missing but the jerk from upstairs (forgot his name but he was in a wheelchair) has disapeared also. Its like everyone was on vacation or something.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-15-2011 - 10:05pm
Oh yes! The guy in the wheelchair that was in love with Naomi! And didn't they get it on one night? I just remember her having this really awkward conversation with Charlotte about disabled people having sex lol. I think we don't see him anymore because the show stopped going to the rival private practice right around the time the old guy that Naomi was dating died.

Given how absent Naomi has been the last couple seasons I thought she'd be leaving and the rival practice would just fade away. Although it wouldn't make sense because Sheldon (he always worked there) and Pete (went to work there when he and Violet were fighting, before her pregnancy) work for the rival practice too, yet we always see them at Oceanside Wellness (the one Sam & Naomi originally started). I wonder if the writers just figured we wouldn't notice the disappearance of the rival practice or if they will smooth it over by merging the 2 practices.

I wish we got a more realistic picture of just how much they're all working. It seems like some of them work at one or both private practices, work at the hospital, and have side work (Violet is writing a book, Sheldon works with the police dept, Pete works in a clinic, etc)... so what is that 80 hours a week? I get that doctors work a lot, but that can't be accurate.

--------