True Blood 6.14.09

iVillage Member
True Blood 6.14.09
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 10:53am

What did you think? Also, are you reading the books or just watching the series?

I'm going to watch it again tonight before I express my opinion.

PhotobucketLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do Something. Anything.
~Colleen Patrick-Goudreau~

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: remluc
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:06am

I'm reading the books ( I'm on book 4 right now) and LOVE-ING them!!)

I'm LOVING the series!!! I just hate that it's only on once a week! It needs to be at least 3 times! ugh I hate waiting all week blaahh.

my fav character is Tara, odly enough she isnt mentioned but just a teensy bit in the books! But she is

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:13am

Okay - I'm on the 9th book and I think I might be a purist. I'm very leery of all these changes! LOL Basically I want to be Sookie and all these other characters are just stealing time away from her story. :o)

I'm going to watch it again tonight and just enjoy a different storyline with all the characters.

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:16am

I've read all the books, waiting on the newest one to be released in Oct. I was glad (and shocked) that Lafayette wasn't dead but it sure looks like he doesn't have much time anyway... Not crazy about the Maryann character but loved how she busted on Tara's mom. What is the deal with her pushing Tara and that guy to sleep with each other?? Why are they making Andy out to be such a drunk? I liked Bill and the teenage girl more than I thought I would. Sam was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect to see Sookie's boobies! Where was Eric??

I don't know, I thought the epi was slow. I think they started out slow for newbies to get into the rhythm, maybe?

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:19am
I've just totally separated the books and the show, mentally. Just like Dexter (esp with that show)!!!

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:21am

I'm so glad the Jessica girl ended up not being so completely annoying. I think she's going to be around for a few more episodes.

Eric is getting his hair done - he was barely in the episode. I'm scared he's going to not be around for many episodes. :o( The whole Maryann and Sam thing is annoying me. What the heck is she? She's not in the books is she?!?!? And Tara, well I don't know what is going on there.

Maybe Lafayette will become a vampire. I think I would like that. Better than being dead...I mean, really dead.

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 11:22am
Yes, I need to let go of the books being like the show and vice versa. I just LOVE the books so much.....I guess you can't really have a show with JUST Sookie all the time......

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:06pm

That was Eric with the foils in his hair?? OMG! I didn't even recognize him! I had to call DH at work after reading your post and then we were like - ah.... So they were in the basement of Fangtasia. Now it makes sense. But why were they turning that metal thing around? Everything I read said he's going to become a prominent figure in the show and become more involved with Sookie - yessah!

Maryann was the maened (sp?) from the, I believe, 2nd book

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 12:19pm

Yes that was Eric. My friend didn't recognize him either. I guess it's probably because I watched it twice last night....

Okay - I was figuring she was the maened deal but yeah, much bigger role here! Still don't really get what that is - I guess we'll learn.

I'm relieved to hear about Eric being around more. I have no idea what the metal wheel was....and why was it dripping water? Maybe it's just an "exerciser", like a hamster wheel for humans who have wronged vampires.

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 1:48pm

Okay, I'm having a really hard time keeping the books and the show separate.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 2:39pm
Q doesn't come in till way later tho, maybe that's why.

<

Pages