iVillage Member
True Blood - 6.21.09
Mon, 06-22-2009 - 11:11am

Um, seriously?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-30-2009 - 1:25am
Oh I cried too... I think my daughter and I were the only ones who had read the book and came to the movie prepared with kleenex. I felt so bad for all the women sitting around me that I passed around my extra pack.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-30-2009 - 12:58am

I saw the movie and I was MAAD that they changed the ending. I was pretty sure that would be the one thing they WOULD jack with , and sure enough...

I liked the book

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-28-2009 - 11:44pm

You, stubborn? :)

I'm excited to see what you think of the book. I would like to read them again, but I know I won't have the same drive to get through them that I did before.

I just saw My Sister's Keeper the other night, and actually liked the movie more than the book. Different ending, tragic but not as shocking as the book. My daughter was appalled though.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 10:11pm
I know the books are better than the movie....I'm just stubborn and busy with book 9 of Sookie right now. If you remember, my top 5 things included the Twilight movie....not the book. :o)

PhotobucketLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do Something. Anything.
~Colleen Patrick-Goudreau~

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 8:28pm

Oh I knew it!!! :)~

I have told this story 100 times now. I rented it on blu ray for Taylor and of course she had seen it-- hated it by the way. I am so cheap I popped it in to watch it myself, blu ray is awesome and at least parts were filmed here. I liked the movie, before I read the book that is, but it was such a teeny bopper movie. And I thought Edward was yummy.

The next day I couldn't stop thinking about it, I love vampire stories, so Taylor demanded I finally read the book. I was hooked. Unless you are a closet literary critic, I don't think you will be disappointed... it certainly isn't "fine" literature, and over the course of the series it gets a little hoaky at times. But it is soooo good.

I'm going to make you re-do that 5 things that everyone loves that you hate survey!!! :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 3:44pm
I'll admit, I only saw the movie.....but I did buy the book so I will read it. :o)

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 3:07pm

LMAO!!!

Soooooooo.... did you actually read twilight? You twilight-hater you!!! :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 2:04pm
I would probably just wait until this season is over. I mean, if you haven't started any of them, maybe just let this season unfold. You might just get disappointed with the changes that they make. But I would definitely NOT read Twilight again.....LOL!!! ;o)

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 12:52pm

I was thinking I would wait to start the books until after this season is over... should I start now? Besides the fact that they are just SCREAMING at me from the book shelf, if they could help. I thought they would be confusing if they differ from the series. I am between books... oh I know, I could read Twilight over!!!

=)

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-26-2009 - 12:16pm

I haven't cheated since. We're way smarter over here and can figure most things out. That one just slipped through the cracks. :o)

I'm currently trying to finish book 9 so I can go back and read book 2 again - ITA with Kelli - the books are all starting to blur and I can't seem to remember anything for certain!

proud herbivore

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages