True Blood epi 11/16

iVillage Member
True Blood epi 11/16
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 8:01am

Ok, only one show left now and I can already feel the withdrawal symptoms. I just knew when Jason started to complain about Amy that she was a goner. And Rene is out of the bag! Although I won't miss her, I just can't believe the cops are accepting his "confession".

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 8:16pm

Sorry I've been out so long! Been busy studying bones and finishing up the Sookie series. Can't wait til May for the next book! Anyway, some of the story lines are completely different on the series so I'm not sure about everything. Tara isn't really talked about so much (and she's white in the book), so the whole voodoo line isn't something I'm familiar with. I really like Tara though and I hope she'll get her money back and stop pushing people away. That woman Jason was hooking up with who killed the vampire was never in the books. And I hated her character, I was so enthused at the prospect of her murder after she killed that poor vampire. But when it actually happened, I was sort of sorry about it. Especially since Jason seemed so distraught and now looks like the killer. Ok now for the spoilers, lots of spoilers from the books; only read if you want to know... (below in white)

Sookie and Bill have a very tempestuous relationship. They are always fighting and he has done several things to upset her and render much of the Sookie fans into Bill haters. I am among this group. In the book, he seems so much colder. It is revealed that he began the relationship with Sookie as an order from his queen who had caught wind of her abilities and wanted use of them. He cheats on Sookie and tries to leave her for the other woman (his maker-vampire, she tortures him and imprisons him and Sookie saves him and stakes her). He also beats her, feeds from her to near death, and rapes her (granted he was nearly dead and it is in a vampire's nature to feed and then do "other" things when close to death but still). Then he tells her how much he loves her after doing all this to her and dating some other woman. Bill sucks! (ha!)

Eric, the blond vampire who is over Bill, becomes Sookie's lover during an amnesiac episode (under a witch's spell). But forgets it all when he is uncursed. When he does remember, you can tell he struggles with being the strong self-reliant vampire and his deep feelings for Sookie. He buys her presents often, really thoughtful gifts that she is in need of. I am definitely an Eric fan.

The naked woman with the pig is a maenaed (sp?). This is sort of a wood nymph. She is not a kind creature. She feeds off the drunken and sexual revelry of humans. Oftentimes causing mass deaths and mayhem. In the book, she nearly kills Sookie by poisoining her with a deep cut to her back in order to send a message to Eric (message being that the vampires need to send offering to her as owners of a bar, pretty much her realm since filled with drunken and sexual revelry). Eric saves Sookie (gotta love him!). I'm curious to see where they go with her in the series, since it's completely different from how she was introduced in the novel.

The flash that Sookie got from Rene was of another girl he killed. His sister. She was the first; he killed her after she got involved with vampires and began to kill others "just" like her.

I'm pretty excited about the next book, b/c Sookie just met her great-grandfather (a fairy), yes Sookie is part fairy. And her great-grandfather is a prince. Also, she met her cousin's son; her cousin was missing for a long time, thought to be taken by the drugs she indulged in, but had actually turned into a vampire and was then murdered by another vampire. Anyway, her son is a telepath just like Sookie.

So you can see, vampires are just the tip of the iceberg. Shapeshifters, weres, fairies, goblins, demons, maenaeds, angels, ect. They're all there!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-18-2008 - 8:20pm

And one more spoiler for the road! (below in white)

Lafeyette is killed in the second book. He is murdered for blabbing about an orgy around town. I'm hoping that this politician business isn't setting up his murder; I like him and was sad to see him go.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 10:45am
That's it - we are SO buying this series of books and reading them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

jettidog-111208.jpg image by jettidog

<
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 2:45pm

Seriously, I don't even know where to start.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 5:44pm
I agree with you! I need to find out - I hope it's not all the way till next year as well....

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2008 - 10:58am
I

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-21-2008 - 3:16pm
I am SO jealous!! :) Our Books-a-Million was sold out!!

<