Amazing Race 11/22 (spoilers??)

iVillage Member
Amazing Race 11/22 (spoilers??)
Wed, 11-23-2005 - 10:25am

What a frustrating show. As soon as they started talking about the Yield, I knew the Weavers would get Yielded but not eliminated.

I just seriously am baffled by this team. How can they possibly be that out of touch with reality and who they really are? Her comment that "Everyone always likes us" was just insane, it's just not possible that everyone always likes them if they act this way all the time. I know the editing can make things seem as they really aren't but their continued smack talking and behavior isn't editing. The editing doesn't make them do and say these things, even if taken out of context these are things they did and said. They aren't nice people, not at all. If they are editing out things that the other teams are doing or saying to them, that sure is a lot of editing out for so many teams to think the same way about them. The scene next week with her asking the Linz team if they are sorry they wasted their Yield looks interesting, why would he be sorry? I'm so glad he says, "No!" with that incredulous look on his face. Oh, please don't let this team win... I may be sick.

Love the Linz family and I'm so glad they finally came in first. I really am hoping they win this whole thing, with the 4 teams that are left. They are having so much fun, there is arguing but it's minimal and it's usually over quickly. They seem to do okay with letting things go and laughing at themselves when necessary, which is a good thing in life. I loved when Meghan yelled, "How's that face feeling?" at her brother, their reaction to his smacking the water like that was great. And I get the feeling that if that had been any of them, the reaction would have been the same. They would have thought it was just as funny.

The other two teams, they are okay but those girls are sort of mean to their father and the sisters are all mean to each other and just so darn screechy! I guess I would be okay with them winning as long as it isn't the Florida team, but I would way rather see the Linz family win it all.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2005 - 11:37am

I'm really hoping that whenever the Weavers end up on the Early Show, they call them out on their attitudes. Unfortunately, they'll probably be in the final three and won't have an interview all to themselves for that to occur. *sigh*

I knew it would be non elimination. This leg always is. The next one is elimination, and if I remember right, they'll have another non elimination with the final three. Can't wait for next week. I love the finale.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2005 - 11:50am
I was so doing the happy dance until Phil said that I am happy to say that this is a noneliminating round!! Why can't they just lose like they are supposed to!!!! They are so 2 faced I can't stand it. Just my opinion of course! LOL

readers
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2005 - 1:10pm

Talk about dissapointment! My dh and I were upset when the Weaver's didn't get eliminated. I just hope they watch themselves on tape.

As for the Linz's, I love them and I was so happy to see them come in first. It's about time!

For an interesting fact, there's only one team in the final four who has not come in last now. And that's the Linz's. The Bransen's, the Godlewski's and now the Weaver's have had to give everything up on the mat. Do you think the Weaver's will have a hard time begging for money?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-25-2005 - 12:07pm

I don't know if they'll have a hard time actually doing the begging, but I can assure you that they'll get a warm reception from anyone they ask for help here in Utah. I have to say, I was seriously beyond ticked off at them for the way they talked about my state. All the other teams were commenting on how beautiful it was (I loved one of the Bransen girls' comments about how they thought it was beautiful when they were on the ground but found it even more beautiful from the air) and all the Weavers could say was things like "it looks like a pimple on a mountain" and "God sure didn't take much time on this state" and "If I ever meet someone from Utah I'll tell them I'm sorry", etc. I always really have a hard time with the teams who don't take a second to appreciate where they are and what they're experiencing and seeing. And it especially rubbed me the wrong way since they were criticizing my state. Utah has some of the most beautiful natural scenery. And they got to go to some pretty amazing places (Lake Powell, Moab, Park City and then Salt Lake City.) I was sad that so much of their negativity was aired, but it solidified my feelings about them for sure.

And btw, I knew who "Bart" was as soon as they said they had to go to get their clue from Bart LOL. I've actually seen that bear in person, but when he was much younger :)

This was probably one of the most enjoyable episodes for me to watch!!! I had no idea they were coming to my home state! And my 8 year old kept saying "Maybe the pit stop will be on our street and we can see them!!!" (Clearly doesn't understand the concept of pre-taping heheheh) My husband and I about died laughing when the Weavers were taking the scenic route from Heber to Park City. We take those kind of road trips for pleasure in the fall to see the leaves changing colors in the canyons. Definitely don't want to be on those windy canyon roads when you're in a hurry hehehe.

Ang

Photobucket
Custom Photo Cards ~ Just in time fo
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-27-2005 - 11:20am

I've never been to Utah, except the airport in Salt Lake City - but from the show it looks absolutely gorgeous. This family is just so disillusioned completely and they don't appreciate anything. I can really foresee them begging for money and then talking crap about the people who give it to them after they walk away. I just don't understand it, they are baffling in how they see themselves and they make me sick. I have to keep telling myself that they can't possibly win this because they are being shown in the light that they are and I can't think the show thinks people actually like them or understand them, you know? And if that's the case, they would know that people wouldn't like them winning and would at least TRY to edit them differently... although, I suspect the only way to do that would be a lot less airtime, LOL! If they win, I may actually have to throw something at the TV so I better watch the finale with lots of soft stuff around me.

This isn't the first time they passed up the opportunity to notice the beauty around them, either. I don't remember if they commented on the Grand Canyon but I do remember them saying the volcano was the worst one they'd ever seen while every other team kept saying, "Wow!" And the only time they seem to have fun is putting others down or when they are just pretending like they are having fun like that whole last segment last week where they decided to act like they didn't care so nobody would know they were upset about being last and being Yielded... like anyone fell for that.