Amazing Race 11/30 episode SPOILERS

iVillage Member
Amazing Race 11/30 episode SPOILERS
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 8:09am

OK, the Granny's have fallen a notch on my likeable scale. They went into this race knowing they would have a disadvantage with age, yet, the one task he cried about being too old, COUNTING? I could not believe how he was begging the poor girl to cut him a break, did she think she was going to let him cheat? Was she supposed to tell him the number?

I was surprised to see that Jonathan was actually a bit supportive of Victoria in the hay. She was starting to freak out, not taking a breath, ect. and he stayed pretty calm trying to get her to calm down. (so maybe his outbursts ARE mostly editing?) Still don't like him though.

Lori has to be one tough cookie, because if someone like Bolo was screaming in my face, I would be a peeing my pants. She gives it right back to him. LOVE IT.

Still haven't connected with any teams yet, but I do notice that the teams are much nicer to each other this time. The teams themselves are not getting along with each other, but they are very courtious and nice to other teams.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 8:38am

I felt so bad for the sisters last night. They were my favorite team and I just wasn't ready to see them go. That poor girl!!! I can't believe she was rolling bales of hay for 9 hours. Which brings up an idea - I wish that when teams are performing tasks that there could be a timer running with their names on screen. SO instead of just seeing their names and description (dating, parents, etc) we could also know how long they have been at a task.

I was also annoyed by Don's whining. What a baby! He definitely went down a notch on my list. Blue hair boy did redeem himself a little bit, but the way he was yelling at her in the taxi I was afraid some physical violence might break out. I really do wonder what some of these people are like in real life.

Was it just me or did Kris & Jon let the actors have first place? It certainly looked like it. The four of them were running along together to the mat and suddenly the actors took first. Very weird if you ask me! Since the actors had already been first and won something they should have let Kris & Jon have it. Or maybe they could have stepped on together. Then again, that could have been editing and the actors could have pulled ahead at the end.

Ok, I'm done rambling! I hope everyone enjoyed the show!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 8:56am

I too am happy that the teams have settled down a bit and seem to be getting along. You can have a race without being nasty to each other.

I felt so bad for the sisters. I give her credit for keeping up with it even after everyone else had passed her. I was hoping for them, since she was working so hard, that it was a non-elimination round, but it wasn't! POO. I was routing for them to stick around longer.

I too wonder it was decided who would step on the mat first. They both have and both have won trips.

Jonathan did seem calmer last night, but they have showed him out to be a real jerk. Last week he hit her in the head with the truck of the car. He is wound tooooo tightly. Chill a little!

I couldn't believe how the older man was attempting to sweet talk that lady with regard to the number, I was like please....your counting!!! Everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten right???

Seeing more penalties this year as well....makes the race seem a little more fair, and the waiting for places to open and flights times seem to be keeping things an even pace, at least for now.

Happy day everyone!

xxxNancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 11:32am

I agree that it has toned down, thank goodness.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 11:45am

I was so sad to see the girls go.

Photobucket
Custom Photo Cards ~ Just in time fo
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 1:00pm

I felt so bad for the sisters. I can't believe that she searched for that long and never found a clue. I would have been really mad if it was me. I would have demanded that they show me where the last clue was. I really liked the sisters and was sad to see them leave.

Rocki

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 3:49pm
I'm guessing that most of the people had not gotten a lot of sleep. That makes it a lot harder to count. Add in the stress of trying to do it quickly and the adrenaline. That makes it even harder.
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-01-2004 - 9:43pm

Dh and I are really enjoying this season (this is my 6th season and dh's 2nd)! The tasks seem so much more intense than they were last season (at least so far). It reminds me of some of the tasks from the early seasons. I love this show so much! And am enjoying every minute of it!

I remember someone (Don, perhaps?) saying at the beginning of the episode that he was very tired. That they had only slept about 6 hours total in the last few days.

I think Don was frustrated, overtired and probably a bit irrational when he tried to coax that Ikea worker into telling him the answer. It didn't lower my opinion of them. I can't imagine the stress & emotions that go through someone on this race. Dh and I both said that there was NO WAY we would have counted the items.

I was happy that the grandparents weren't eliminated. BUT, I was disappointed that the sisters WERE eliminated. What a trooper Lena was! I don't think *I* could have unrolled more than 100 bales of hay for upwards of 9 hours! It was sad to see them get there so early, yet not find a clue. I have to wonder if she didn't overlook a clue as she got more and more exhausted.

Why couldn't the eliminated team have been Jonathan and Victoria?!

Did anyone see them on The Early Show? What did they say about the situation?

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-02-2004 - 7:59am

Don't take that woman to Vegas with you! My gosh, was her luck awful! And how disheartening to see all the other teams come in and pass you by. I said to DH, at least as the time goes by she'll have better odds with fewer hay bales left, but still no. It looked like the clue was easily seen in the hay. And someone even shouted to her 'It's easy to spot!' But she was very tired and I'm sure she could have missed it. Can you imagine how sore she was the next day? Ouch!

That counting task was a bi***, wasn't it? DH and I didn't understand why everyone didn't just build the desk. Hasn't everyone put together one of those desks at some point in their lives? But once you've chosen to count, why did everyone go 'One, two, three, four . . . .'? Isn't it logical (and easier) to make piles of ten or twenty? I think the grandparents were very tired -- as was everyone else -- but it may have affected them more because of their age. I don't know why they waited so long to switch to building. And, yes, watching Bolo count (if that's what he was doing!!!) and try to add in his head was hilarious!!

One more thing. Yes, it was nice of Phil to go to the hay field and tell the women that it was an elimination round. But to wait more than two hours after the last team had checked in? Give the woman a break!!! The only reason she was continuing was on the chance that it wasn't an elimination round. I think they could have been nicer to her.

- Amy.

"To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you just might be the world."

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-02-2004 - 8:31am

"But to wait more than two hours after the last team had checked in?"

Keep in mind that Phil was not right next door to them. I'm sure that they waited a little bit just in case she found the clue right away. They usually like to tell the team at the pit stop. It looked like there was at least some travel time involved between the pit stop and the hay field. I doubt that anyone was trying to be cruel.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-04-2004 - 2:07am

Just a note about the first place finish - I'm a total junkie and watch the Amazing Race Insider Video at CBS.com every week. John and Aaron played "rock, paper, scissors" for who would step on the mat first. Just thought some of you would be interested in that little race tidbit. ;-)

~Beka

Pages