Amazing Race (11/8) - spoilers (m)

iVillage Member
Amazing Race (11/8) - spoilers (m)
Tue, 11-08-2005 - 11:42pm

Every week the Weaver's come up with something new that makes my jaw drop. I can't believe that they truly think the REST of the families on this race are "classless". Have they NOT looked in the mirror? Perhaps the reason NO ONE wants to work with you is because....

YOU HAVE PUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM DOWN! The sisters were trying to be supportive at the "race track" and the kids turned around and said they hated them! How Christian is that? I truly believe the sisters felt sorry for them in that task and were being nice. And how did the Weavers respond? With disrespect. I think the Weavers are very bitter. I'm truly sorry their father was killed, but it's not an excuse to treat others poorly.

I have to admit - I was a little sad to see the Paolo family leave. I think they have grown the most during this race. Yes, they are loud. Yes, they yell at each other. Yes, there seems to be some disrespect, but.. I don't know. It seemed toward the end of the race that mom had no problem giving it right back to Dj. I think this race was good for this family.

I like the Linz and Bransen families and hope one of them win.

I'm still pretty neutral on the sisters. I think it's great that an all female team made it so far, but they get on my nerves at times.

I'm just disgusted at the things the Weaver family says - the tears, the "poor us" whining. Blah.

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2005 - 10:38am

I really, really despise the Weavers. DESPISE them. At the end when the daughter was crying and telling Phil how they are all alone and nobody likes them and they just try to be good Christian people, I wanted to gag. They aren't acting the way they seem to think they are, I don't get it. For so many teams to dislike them, there is a reason, they aren't all imagining things this team is doing. They do something rude and then expect the other teams to act like it didn't happen like telling the guy taking the money in the booth at the Grand Canyon to hold them up, then wondering why he wouldn't give them a high five as they passed? Granted, the booth guy said they were talking all kinds of smack, which they weren't really, not about them, anyway. Still, I just don't get it. And this woman is homeschooling her children but what is she teaching them? She has made so many ridiculous comments like calling Lake Ponchatrain one of the great lakes and the kids are making just as ridiculous ones like asking if Washington DC was in Washington state, it's our capital for crying out loud! Then when one of the 4 sisters was trying to comfort them, knowing how hard it had to be to hear that racing sound and see their mother out there... they turn around and say they hate them? Is it even Christian to harbor hate towards another? I'm not a religious person but it is these types of self-righteous nasty people who claim to be that tend to give others a bad name, yet I believe they aren't really being true Christians. Since I'm not, though, I can't say for sure... but I sure do believe and hope that all Christian families are not like these people. I don't like the way they dress and I don't like the way they keep putting down the Paolo's because the Dad is a garbage man. What is wrong with that? What sweet justice it would be if they went home and their own garbage people didn't pick up their trash for awhile. Jerks.

Anyway... did I mention despising everything about them?? LOL! They will probably win, I just know it. *gaaag*

I really love the Linz family more with each and every scene I see them in. If I were their parents, I'd be proud of them. They might be immature and make immature comments, but they don't seem to be unnecessarily mean and they are really having a lot of fun together. They are able to make fun of themselves just as much as anyone else and seem to know their strengths. The Bransens are okay but I could do with a little less arguing with their father. I do like them, though.

The 4 sisters, I'm so sick of hearing the bickering. We get it already, really! Aside from that part and the screeching, I do like them. They are running a pretty good, clean race and although they are making mistakes, they aren't doing badly at all. I did hate seeing their boat whiz past the Linz family, though.

Now, the Paolo's. I wanted them gone from the very first time they were on my TV... but I grew to like them. I was sad to see them go, but they took the defeat very well. I think they grew a lot during this race. I was cracking up when the Mother told DJ that she hopes he never gets married because he'd be unbearable, I've seen that so many times on boards about him, LOL!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2005 - 11:43am

I'll be curious to see what the Weavers have to say about themselves after the race is over and they've been able to watch their actions on TV. As a Christian, I can tell you that, no, we are not all like that....though of course we're all not perfect all the time either, unfortunately. Humility, grace, forgiveness, helping others are very big parts of the faith ... I felt for Phil at the end ... I kinda wished he'd called them on their actions a bit rather than just seeming to almost agree with them on everything the girls were saying??...but I think it was an awkward situation for Phil.
While on the topic of the Weavers, though, I do think it's odd that now they've had two challenges that have involved a racetrack, when the identifying feature of this team is that they are dealing with the death of their dad on a racetrack?

The Linz's (siblings) are by far my favorite team. I enjoy watching their interactions with eachother.

At the end of the 1st half, that was pretty funny that the Paolo family stopped to put all their clothes on when they were NOT the last team!!! I could just see them coming in last because of wasting all that time...how embarrasing would that be! It's good they told the final team (Bransens?) to go ahead and take the time to get their stuff on ... 'cuz they were ready to get on the mat "as is".

and how lucky were the sisters to get an earlier flight after all that trouble with their lost reservation!? The teams don't seem to shop around for the best flights in this show like they have on the other seasons. Did that one sister have a picture of herself on her t-shirt??

-Donna

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2005 - 12:03pm
LOL, I totally forgout about that t-shirt! I kept pausing it to see and asking DH if that was a picture of herself. WHO does that? We decided that just maybe it was a picture of their Mother, or something, although she didn't look old enough to be their Mom, maybe it was an older picture of her? Either way, it looked exactly like the person who had it on to me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2005 - 12:13pm
maybe they've got a 5th sister?
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2005 - 6:58pm
I so agree with you about the Weavers. I am so sick of seeing those hypocrites. I wish they would have got a ticket when they were throwing things out of their car.
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2005 - 10:18pm

Ok I am not Christian but if I was I would be really disappointed in

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2005 - 8:19am

I too can't stand the Weaver's! As with the other posts, they say they're christian and act totally the opposite--- what gives???? That's called a hippocrat in my book!!!

I felt soo bad for Phil when they were whinning --- he needed to tell them you get what you give. My big fear is they'll win and that's why that clip was shown where Phil was telling them that its OK that they're doing this on their own, b/c IF they win they'll have done it on thier own. I HOPE THEY DON'T WIN!!!

Also, one other point, if I remeber correctly, when the Schroeder family was interviewd after the show, they said all the famalies had helped them in one way or another, EXCEPT for the Weaver's. IF they DID win and didn't help, that's real sh***y!!! Real nice and christian of them!!!!

I'm pulling for the Lintz's!!!!

Olivia

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2005 - 1:26pm

I have one comment about the Weavers - can they wear their shorts any tighter and shorter?

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso