Amazing Race 12/7...spoilers!

iVillage Member
Amazing Race 12/7...spoilers!
Wed, 12-08-2004 - 9:45pm

Good episode.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 12:59am

The old couple, especially the man, were having a heck of a time! I wonder how long they can possibly last? I do admire their tanacity. And they're locals, so I should root for them!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 8:55am

I just wish Gus would KEEP HIS SHIRT ON! I don't need to see that! LOL The gathering salt challenge seemed really hard. Don was very emotional, going on and on about how well Mary Jean was doing. Hello? She's not a china doll, she's a WOMAN and of course she can do it!! They seem to be a good couple. It's interesting to see how they interact with each other as compared to younger ones like Adam & Rebecca. Adam is SUCH A whiner! Lori & Bolo just crack me up. The way she tells him off is funny to me. I couldn't do it!! And I HOPE Freddy & Kendra realize how bad they looked not paying the cab drivers.

shelley

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 9:31am

I was starting to wonder if anyone else watched, LOL!

I enjoyed this episode a lot. My favorite line of the whole night was when Rebecca said something like "Just forget it Adam, I can't babysit my girlfriend right now." OMG, that was SO mean but it cracked me up, he is such a crybaby. She got really mean that day but IMO he deserved it for acting that way. It drives me nuts how he always says stuff like "do you want me to jump in front of the train/off the boat..." when she gets fed up with him.

I wouldn't have been upset to see either of the last two teams be eliminated but I'm still glad they weren't because I do like both teams. It's just so hard watching them have so much physical trouble. And I agree with Gus needing to leave his shirt on, PLEASE!! Especially when he's going to be crammed into a cab seat with two other people, one being his daughter, LOL.

I still can't stand Jon and Victoria. Every time I see his face, I picture her cringing when he raised his hand up in the cab. Maybe he wasn't threatening to give her the back of the hand, but she sure reacted like he was and really didn't seem too surprised by it. Maybe he's not a bad guy and she brings out the worst in him, she isn't the nicest person in the world either... who knows. But I don't like them and would much rather they be off my screen. Which, of course, means they'll go to at least the final 3, LOL! That team that kept not paying the cab drivers all of their money was realy getting on my nerves, too. I'd have loved for that guy that kept following them to call the cops and at least get the rest of his money, put a little fear into them for the future rides.

The rest of the teams didn't make much impression on me, I guess, because I can't really think of anything to say about them, LOL!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 11:28am

I was pretty darn sure I heard the cab driver SAY $30 when they got in and said where they were going...Yet when they got out it was $40?

Yes, we are Americans and we get blamed for a lot. But that doesn't mean that everyone else in the world is honest. I think it just illustrated the confusion that results in a non -english speaking country!

It was also very interesting how freaked out everyone was by the cultural differences, yet ONE couple was like...OOOOOH cool we are out of our comfort zone, this is wonderful! Who said that? I don't remember, It all goes so fast and they wear their headscarves a lot. It may have been John and Kris???

It seemed that the baskets were easier to transport across the water than the buckets?

My absolute favorite moment...DOn barfing over the side of the boat while MJ catches the last fish!!!!!!!

Susie

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 1:37pm

Oh my gosh, I forgot about the barfing! LOL That was hilarious!

shelley

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2004 - 3:46pm

It was great to see a nicer side to Jonathan. But I think he has a lot of work to do before bringing a child into this world. His wife has some things to work on as well.

Lori rocked the salt carrying contest! She was awesome. I have very little upper body strength. I was in awe :)

If you think about it, Don throwing up into the water probably benefitted them. I would imagine that the fish might have been attracted to it.

I really like the older couple but I'm not sure how much longer they can stay in the race. They are having too many problems along the way.

One of the cab drivers did tell Kendra and her partner that it would be only $30. When they arrived they were told a different price. It could have been a misunderstanding on the part of the cab driver.

You have to love how some of the teams decided to go site seeing without double checking the opening time for the one attraction. It didn't seem to hurt them in the long run. But a mistake like that near the end of the race could really cost them.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-10-2004 - 12:51pm

Did you notice the typeface on the signs? They look like Amazing Race Signs, not like ones that were already there. Maybe the Swedes were right about the tower opening at 10, and the producers made arrangements for it to open sooner. Regardless, if it was me sleeping on a sofa in a hotel, I would have been up early to get to the place before the other contestants so I could be first in line to get thru the door!

And, I don't know what all the rules are...are they on their honor not to jump the fence of the graveyard, search for another entrance that might be open, or to find a caretaker to let them in early? I get frustrated when they don't try options like that!!!

Susie

Edited 12/10/2004 12:56 pm ET ET by elin
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-10-2004 - 5:48pm

I was wondering if maybe the main part of the building opened at 10:00 but the section they had to go to opened at 7:00. I would like to think that I would have looked at the building for a sign listing the hours before heading off to a hotel.

If a graveyard, etc. has posted hours then the contestants need to follow them. If the caretaker came early and let them in then I think that would be okay. But they could not jump the fence. If a team did try to get in early like that then they would most likely face some serious penalties plus risk getting in trouble with the local law.