Amazing Race 7/20 show

iVillage Member
Amazing Race 7/20 show
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 10:32am

Well I can't help but confess that I bawled my eyes out last night when my favorite team came in last.

Belinda & My Baby Boy Aiden (12/2/03)

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ajag

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 10:39am
OOOOHHHHHHH!!! Last week it wasn't a big deal to me to say they had an emergency and needed to get on the boat - but last nigth? Doctor, doctor! Yeah - you say you are out to prove you are just as good as everyone else, despite your disability but then - you USE your disability to get ahead! Yeah - that's proving something!

But I agree - I do (sort of) enjoy watching them. I cried too about the father/dd team coming in last. And how much they loved each other - that was just so sweet! I wish I had a relationship like that w/ my dad!

The twins get on my nerves but Chip and Kim sort of do too - although I do like Chip and Kim better than the twins! The bowling moms - if they did tell dad/dd about having to exchange the currency, that was low down and wrong I think. BUT they are such a fun team! I just love them! The internet dating couple - they are so cute! The other 2 dating couples - gag. They are alright I guess but not really routing for them. But the brothers - while I odn't like them, they are comedic humor to me! I hope they stick around a little bit!

I am sad to see the dad and dd gone so early. :( It was a good show last night! What's funny (to me) is my sister and I are thinking of applying to the show - and I was trying to put myself in the shoes of the contestants - which one of us (me or sis) would have done this or that - would we have paraglided or rode the bikes - etc. So that made it extra neat!

Melanie (a huge fan of this board but a big time lurker)

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 10:51am
Lurker here who loves this show. I was so sad to see the dad and daughter elminated - they were my fav team. I cannot stand the 2 brothers - they are obnoxious. They are completely rude to the natives of whatever country they happen to be in (did you see the last episode when they were asking directions outside the disco and the kids didn't know the way - the one brother said "Ignorant foreigners!" NICE!) And yelling "B*tch" out the car window at Mira was totally uncalled for - even if she is one. I really don't like her at all - has she EVER done a roadblock? Or does she just delegate them all to Charla?

I DO like Brandon and Nicole though. And the Internet dating couple too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 11:01am
Well Poo!!!! I really liked the father/daughter team.....and was really sad to see them go last night. They seemed really genuiune and in support of each other. That whole airport thing confused me a little and I don't understand what happened with their tickets...she should have focused on getthing their tickets and not for anyone else!!

The emergency Dr. thing I think took it a little far...She is using the"people want to help me cause I'm little" thing to its limits. Be that as it may, they are making themselves as contenders in this race, even tho the other one tends to whine a little more than not!

My favorites are the internet team, the cousins and the bowlers....the pizza boys sometimes are just plain rude, I agree. The twins get on my nerves. The others I can take or leave.

Looking forward to next week!

Nancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 11:36am

Hi all,

Finally delurking to put in my 2 cents.

I personally cannot stand Mirna and her cousin. All Mirna is worried about is how she looks for Phil. During the 1st show she went on about how cute he was and coming into the pit stop she is worried about how her hair looks. And her cousin is just using her disability....if I hear her say one more time, "People want to help me because of my size." I'm going to throw up. And I hate how she is lying about having an emergency.

I was just starting to like Jim and Marsha and hated to see them go.

The Pizza boys are just plain obnoxious. It was uncalled for to shout at Mirna although she is a B****. They are huge whiners.

I also have no feeling for the models and the dating couple. They are just kind of there.

I think I am pulling for Bob and Joyce. They just seem like really nice people. The doublemint twins are too ditsy. I do like the bowling moms and hope they go far.

Just my 2 cents

Jamie

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 11:37am
I am glad I wasn't the only one brought to tears. I was so hoping those Pizza brothers would be last!! Can't stand them. Was glad they were having so much trouble with the chocolate. I really wished it was a non elimination round. Got my hopes up when one of the teams said something about the last team MAY BE eliminated. Can't remember which one, but I remember them saying that.

I also agree that it is getting old that the cousins keep using "fake" emergencies to get further in the game. But then you have to give them some credit for using whatever they have to get ahead. It is a game after all. I am sure the other teams thought that the cousins would not be a team to worry about. Guess they were wrong. And did anyone else hear what Mirna said about Phil. She was worried about how she looks everytime she sees him. Maybe she has a little crush on Phil?? lol

My favorites now that the father/daughter team is gone are the internet dating couple, the bowling moms and I will admit the cousins. Would love to see a team win that isn't the young, athletic type.

Alisa

Alisa

Proud mom to "King" David (12/23/96)

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 12:16pm
I noticed at one point someone said the last team "may" be eliminated, but at another time it was the last team "will" be eliminated. I think they just don't want the teams to know whether or not it is an elimination round.

I couldn't figure out how the dad/daughter tickets got so fouled up. They were first in line and she had a ticket on the 9:10 and her dad was stand-by. Two other teams got on that fight, how did that happen? I know Charla claimed she had a medical emergency and was given priority, but I don't know how the other team managed to get their tickets. Unfortunately the ticket screw up cost them the game. I was so hoping the pizza brothers would really screw up at the end.

And Mirna has done at least one of the roadblocks. Remember when she had to chase the cows and grab a bandana?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 10:55pm

I agree with all of you. I was sad to see this team go, and was really hoping for a non-elimination round.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 11:28pm
I'm pretty much in agreement with all the above -- just gotta add that DH and I found it hilarious when the twins swam to the island pit-stop as opposed to running across the shallow area. ;-)

-Donna

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2004 - 1:14am
I wondered if someone would mention this.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-22-2004 - 10:15am
LoL.

Belinda & My Baby Boy Aiden (12/2/03)

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ajag