Amazing Race Premier 11/16

iVillage Member
Amazing Race Premier 11/16
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 9:05am

So, what did y'all think of last nights show?????

Belinda & My Baby Boy Aiden (12/2/03)

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ajag

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 10:50am

I watched it too, but, sorry, I don't think I can be much help. I turned it on late too...missed the first half hour. Did you see the ice climbing?

Did you see the waterfall part? I think that was the beginning. They had to find this waterfall and walk up behind it to get their next clue. The bestfriends (girls...Meredith? and somebody) passed it and went an hour and a half out of their way before realizing it and had to turn back. I thought for sure they'd loose.

I pretty much like and don't like the ones you said. It's hard to decide this early on. OMG the wrestlers were so annoying! Especially HER! I can't wait until next week too!

BTW, I notice you had a baby in December. I had a girl, Taylor, in January. Aidan was going to be our boy name :) Has this past year gone as fast for you as it has for me?!

Molly

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 11:12am

I watched the 1st hour and then, extreme exhaution took over, and I had to struggle to stay awake. I did doze off, and woke up when the NY boys came in last, missed them being told they were last, but saw the "I'm glad we were here" speech, so knew they were out.

nothing important happened in the 1st hour. Teams had to choose 1 of 3 flights to get them from Chicago to Iceland. Then once in Iceland, they had to drive themselves to a waterfall, hard to find. That is when all the name calling and arguments started. One of the girl teams (Kendra?) followed another team out, as they were leaving the waterfalls with their clue(The girls were looking for it)...after an hour and a half, they found out they were on their way to the next point without being at the waterfall, so they had to turn around.

Basically , after the waterfall, they found there way to the Glacier. I was losing it then. LOL. Not much I remember after they all had their tent picked. I was out of it for the detour and roadblock. Don't even know what they had to do, I was snoozing on the couch.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 11:12am

Molly!

Belinda & My Baby Boy Aiden (12/2/03)

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ajag

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 1:01pm

I don't think I ever remember so much bickering between couples/partners on the 1st episode before - usually it takes a few episodes before they start getting tired of each other

& so many of them were bad w/ the driving & directions too - & another team screwed up already w/ using gas instead of diesel

& I think it's John & Victoria (he was the

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 1:24pm

I was completely disappointed in how CBS chose *so* many actor/model/preformer teams :(

It seems that CBS didn't pick teams as they have in the past ~ this first season of it being on the fall, prime-time line-up made them pick a bunch of people that alot of us probably don't feel connected to !~

Last year watching the bowling Mom's was priceless ~ I think it gave us all pride and hope and I bet alot of us cheered outloud in our living rooms the farther along they got in the game :)

This season I bet most of the participants are hoping just to be 'discovered'. And FIGHT !~ Good grief....I had to keep muting the tv each time that blue haired guy spoke ~ talk about annoying !!~ The last few seasons were people from all walks of life, all sizes and shapes and it was about the RACE !~ I'm not feeling confident that this year will be that same kind of season at all ~ I bet CBS focusses on the "breasts" and the fighting more than anything....we all know how 'Fear Factor' turned into BREAST Factor after one season. *ugh*

Hopefully I will be proved wrong. Right now I am just ultimately disappointed !~

Kelly-Anne

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 2:19pm

I agree. Did ANYONE actually apply or were they all "chosen"? I don't like that part of it this time. That guy in the yellow jacket drove me nuts and seems to make his poor wife nutty too! All night we kept talking about his "I'm a mental magician" remark about calling ahead to get flights. Funny how many other mental magicians had the same idea and also called ahead while on the train. LOL! This first night, I actually thought the wrestlers were funny - not too annoying fighting for me YET. I guess I was too focused on hating the other team! We will see - it is so hard to get a good impression during the first show. I did like those cute sister models just because they were cute - LOL!!

Speaking of models....did anyone see Brandon in the Target ad this week? Looks like AR has helped his career ;)

Leslie

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 2:49pm

I'll have to stop in and check the December 2003 playgroup board sometime. I'm in the January 2004 playgroup now...if you ever stop in leave me a message...I'll do the same! Yes, Taylor is getting to that toddler stage, but she's not walking yet. She is, however, into EVERYTHING!!! It looks like you have a birthday to celebrate in a couple of weeks :)

Don't forget to watch next week!

Molly

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 4:21pm

I agree. So far, this is the first episode that I've liked the least. No one's charming, quaint, quirky, or orginial.

Melissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 5:25pm

You know, I thought I saw Brandon in an ad but then I thought it was just my imagination,

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microso

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-17-2004 - 6:58pm

I agree with you. I've liked this episode the least. The arguing was getting
on my nerves. It's the lazy way out of trying to make a show look interesting.
I remember Danny & Oswald and how sweet and funny they were. They never
sniped at each other. Even Team Guido treated each other nicely.

I hope the focus on dysfunctional teams lessens.

Pages