AR (10/11) - spoilers

iVillage Member
AR (10/11) - spoilers
Wed, 10-12-2005 - 1:43am

I'm so sad that the Aiello (sp?) family is gone. :( They were one of my favorite teams. Why on Earth is the Paolo family still around? How do they get so lucky? I feel sorry for the women the Paolo sons marry - they are in for a real treat with those disrespectful boys.

Oh boy.. the Weaver's are a strange lot. Oye! That being said, according to the previews they are sent to Talladega SuperSpeedway. I can't imagine the fear they are feeling. From what I've read their father/husband was killed at Daytona International Speedway. Both 'Dega and Daytona are large (superspeedway) tracks. I'm tired of hearing them whine "Mooommmmmmmmy!", but this has to be a lot to handle.

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2005 - 8:16am

I too was sad to see them go, if they had only drove through the mud better. I could not believe it took them so long and the Gagham family came and went in one try....that had to suck for the Aiello's watching that! I agree about the Weavers, I guess it goes to show that everyone deals with stress in their own ways.

While I am not a fan of the Paolo family, I would not be surprised to see them hang on a while longer....remember how we all wanted Jonathan gone and he just kept hanging on!

I am finding this season interesting since its giving us some background and history of the US....however its missing some zing....but you never know!

xxxNancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2005 - 8:57am

I was also upset to see Aiello's go home, I really did like them and just liked the idea of a team of a FIL and his SIL's doing something like this together. Plus, they seemed to have fun together no matter what the task was.

The Weaver family, I really don't like them, although I do feel bad for them. Perhaps next week will make me feel differently about them. They are just too screechy and loud and strange, it annoys me. But, I thought it was hilarious when all the other teams were all paranoid that they were getting a better flight and not sharing information (which I've always believed, "why should they?") when they were just chatting. That cracked me up until they then walked by and didn't even acknowledge the guy talking to them. They really could have said, "No" and not been lying so why not at least say that? But, oh well.

The Dad and 3 daughters team, I really want to like them but I'm just not feeling them. I have 3 daughters and so at the beginning I loved their team being Daddy and his Girls. I keep hoping to see more of them that I like.

The Paolo's... I was just screaming at the TV when they walked up ahead of my 2 favorite teams. I hope the Gaghan's go far. I really like them and love those kids! And the Linz family, is that the 3 brothers and 1 sister? I like them, too, they are now my 2nd favorite team. I also like the 4 sisters but looks like they have some issues next week, too. The Shroeder's - one minute I like them and the next I hate them. I wonder what the Step-Mom was thinking watching last night's episode where they edit her saying that she's friends with the kids instead of just the evil step mom and soon after the kid calls her a "b!t@$" - Yikes, to be in that household!!

I am really liking this season but I'd like it more if the Paolo's were gone, or at least got way less screen time. The Weaver's, too. Of course, then it would be boring with nobody for me to really hate, LOL!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2005 - 11:26am

I was sad to see them go as well ... they were my favorites. Though I will admit, my opinion of them dropped a bit this episode when they griped about the widow'd family.

I find it pretty amazing that they had them go to a speedway given how the Weaver's father died???? I wonder about the timing of setting that up...was it all planned out before the teams were chosen for the show.

I think the mud-driving task was another where having little kids to lighten the load helped --- though obviously driving skill played a big part too.

Now that the son-in-laws are gone, I think my new favorites are the siblings....their interactions crack me up (wide loads LOL).

-Donna

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2005 - 4:20pm
Oh, also, how awesome was that first place prize? Free gas for LIFE? Now there is something that keeps giving - not that a vacation isn't nice, too, but this will last way longer. Unless, of course, BP (or whatever the parent company is) goes out of business in a year or something. How much would that suck?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2005 - 4:44pm
LOL .. I was just coming back to post about that! What a neat prize.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-13-2005 - 1:53pm

The Aiello's are from my hometown...I see the Dad's wife (so the Mother in law to the boys) several times a week. I saw her on Monday and told her I was rooting for them...I was completely bummed they missed the roadblock sentance saying first come first served...
It s been said before and it will be said again...READ the clue!!!

About the first prize..we have neither a BP or Arco anywhere in Massachusetts, that would have sucked!!

-- <
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-13-2005 - 3:19pm

bummer ... I hadn't thought about not having those kind of stations near where you were... brings up the question of how far you'd be willing to drive for free gas :-)