AR (10/18) - spoilers...

iVillage Member
AR (10/18) - spoilers...
Wed, 10-19-2005 - 1:22am

First off, the Weaver family are very ignorant about the country they live in. I would like to think the mom doesn't truly believe that Lake Ponchatrain (pardon my spelling...) is one of the Great Lakes. *rolls eyes* It is NO WHERE NEAR the Great Lakes. This after they said "Washington DC, is that in Washington State?" OR "Where is Pennsylvania?"

I just can't believe you could be soooo oblivious about the country they live in.

I really like the dad and daughters. Don't care for the Gaghan family. The kids are obnoxious, IMO.

Felt sorry for the Shroeders's (sp?). Nothing like being eliminated in your "home" city! I wish they would have given us an update about them at the end of the show. From what I've read (interviews with eliminated families) they lost their home in Katrina.

Your thoughts?

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2005 - 8:51am

Well I haven't really been watching because I am not loving the family edition.

I always have it on and either am on the computer or reading something.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2005 - 10:55am

I just looked at the CBS Morning Show website and the Schroeders did lose everything during Hurricane Katrina. They interview each family after they are eliminated (I work so I can't watch on TV in the morning). They said that all the teams sent them stuff to help them out and they actually stayed with the Rogers family for a few weeks.

Also, the interview with the Rogers family said that the mom (who fell during the part where they run to their backpacks during the first episode) had a concussion the whole time and was throwing up most of the time.

Just some info.

Jamie

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2005 - 11:07am

NO kidding on the Weavers.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2005 - 11:15am

Was anyone else disturbed by the fact that they let the little girl climb the ladder of that big office chair, or that they let her and her brother try to work that big saw? I don't know if I'm more mad at the parents or AR for allowing that.

Kathy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2005 - 12:14pm

You said everything I was thinking, lol.

I was kind of surprised that they didn't say anything at the end about the Schroeders losing their home during Katrina. I had read the same interviews with other families, in fact in one I read that the Schroeders were staying with the other family from LA (the Rogers I think) who had been eliminated before them.