AR 4/12

iVillage Member
AR 4/12
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 1:04am

What's up with To Be Continued...? Did anyone know that was going to happen?

I loved how everyone was cheering Meredith and Gretchen and asking for their autograph. I thought it was sweet.

If Ron and Kelly make it through this without strangling each other I'll be surprised.

Melissa

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: tuki2
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 1:20am

Totally didn't see it coming except for the fact that the hour was quickly running out and Meredith and Gretchen were just *barely* starting the detour challenge. I thought it ended REALLY abruptly. I don't mind that its to be continued because every week is pretty much a continuation anyway, but I thought it was a bummer for R&A to not be in first place at the end of a leg, since it wasn't the end of the leg. The racers had to know something was coming though based on that screwy last clue that got them up to Phil and his mat :)

Gretchen and Meredith sure do have 9 lives I must say! Had that rooftop been the pit stop they'd have been going home for sure (of course with their barely-scrape-by luck it would have been another non-elim leg LOL). So why were people asking for their autographs and cheering them so much? They were clearly very far behind everyone else, were the crowds just excited after having to wait so long for them to arrive or what? I was totally baffled by that because no other teams got any kind of recognition like that.

Good episode. Lots of neck-and-neck stuff which I really enjoy :)

And I liked your last comment there about Ron & Kelly. They started out the episode with such a lovey dovey appearance, I thought "They must have seen footage of themselves and realized what jerks they're both looking like!" and by the end they'd self-destructed again. (I know they didn't get to see footage btw, its just the way it crossed my mind LOL)

Ang

Photobucket
Custom Photo Cards ~ Just in time fo
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 10:32am

Oy, Kelly is getting on my last nerve as well as Gretchen! I swear, how are M&G still in this game...if there is one more challenge where she stands there freaking out and holding her hands by her mouth and going, "Ohhhhh Ohhhhh Ohhhhh"...I don't know if I can handle it! ARGH! I'm sure they are super sweet people but geez louise! And Kelly, she is just absolutely horrid.

I like Lynn & Alex on and off, they just need to get over their fascination with Rob and Amber because it's going to be their downfall, that's all they care about and it's to the point in the game where everybody has to start working on their own. With L&A taking charge with the plane tickets and the other 2 teams just going yeah, ok was completely dumb...

Otherwise, I was looking at the clock and thinking, hmmm, there's not going to be a pit stop tonight it's too late! ANd then the last clue didn't say anything about the pit stop but it looks like in previews that they are spending the night there.

Did anybody notice Amber is her coat at the end? Man, she had to be dying hot there in India, everybody else was!

Linda

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 11:54am

Gretchen and her "I caaaaaaaaaaaan't do this! It's impossible! Oh! Oh! Oh!" is driving me batty. I like Meredith, but Gretchen needs duct tape on her mouth. How does he tolerate her?!

Ron and Kelly are both annoying. Please, eliminate them.

I knew something was up when someone read the clue and it didnt' say anything about the pit stop AND it didn't flash to Phil giving us all the whole speal about the pit stop. What could be next for them when they've already done a detour and a roadblock?!

I'm a little surprised that Ron and Kelly didn't yield Rob and Amber. I mean, they were RIGHT with them the entire time. The smartest thing to do would be to yield them - get them away from you. Give yourself a nice lead.

I'm starting to like Lynn and Alex more, but I really wish they'd STOP worrying so darn much about Rob and Amber! They should worry less and concentrate more - they'd likely beat them more if they did.

I still like Uchenna and Joyce. They are such a loving couple. I thought it was sweet when she sang something about walking in the rain with the one she loves and he said something like it's sweet to hear you say that. They obviously love and respect one another.

I can't wait til next week!

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 2:42pm

Here is a funny article/recap of last nights show :o)

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1048702_3_0_,00.html

Leslie

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 3:14pm
That was good!
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 3:32pm

That was very funny--and soooo true!!

Tiernan is waiting to turn two!!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Declan is waiting to turn five!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 4:28pm

That was a funny article. My favorite line from it was about Gretchen:

"You could play ''Which hand is the penny in?'' and stymie her. Hell, you could play it with palms open and she'd still be going, ''Ohhhhh, Meredith! Both the hands look so alike!''

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 4:35pm
I'm not an expert on India, but I believe it may be a country where the elderly are very revered and well respected, which could be why M & G got such a great reception.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-13-2005 - 10:45pm
OR
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-14-2005 - 12:51pm

When at 10 min before the hour and no one was near to pit stop, I knew something must be up, but had thought maybe it was a longer show again this week. Then the clue did not mention pit stop, I definintely knew, but was a little surprise.

Ron and Kelly should have yielded Rob and Amber...they are their toughest comp right now....there are only 5 teams left. Gretchens moaning about finding a clue was a little much, It was not a overwhelmingly difficult task, it seemed she just did not have the patience for looking through boxes, Meredith however I think would have.

Rob does have his devious side doesn't he...and he does not mind stirring up some controversy either....was he like that on survivor??

xxNancy

Pages