AR 4/19 -- Wow!

iVillage Member
AR 4/19 -- Wow!
Tue, 04-19-2005 - 10:24pm

I was totally transfixed in front of the TV when Joyce got her head shaved. That was amazing and darn if she didn't look good afterwards! I should have such a nicely shaped head and look that cute. And how sweet was Uchenna telling her over and over how beautiful she is to him? I wonder how much of a lead they ended up having over the other teams. They defintely deserved to win a trip or something for coming in first.

I am not a fan of Lynn and Alex but think they played their hearts out.

The Boston papers said Romber got married this past Saturday in the Bahamas. You've probably heard the wedding and pre-wedding parties will be on TV during sweeps week in May. Rob is certainly a tough competitor. Amber looked pretty relaxed when her camel was misbehaving. Kudos to Rob for telling her she did a good job.

What the heck was Gretchen doing atop the elephant? Nothing like adding 130 or more pounds to what they already had to push. Meredith is a saint.

I haven't warmed up to Ron and Kelly. I think it's more due to her than him. She was sniping at him again in the previews. I'll be interested in her opinion on how they think they were portrayed.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: joysea
Tue, 04-19-2005 - 11:25pm
In the previews she says that he got out of the military by being a POW... My jaw dropped on that one.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2005 - 11:29pm

I admit that I cried when Joyce had to shave her head. What a trooper she is! And Uchenna was absolutely amazing to her! Telling her she was beautiful to him, kissing her, and comforting her during the entire process. You could tell he felt horrible that she had to do it. I would be perfectly happy if they win the whole thing! What an amazing couple - I truly hope they get the baby they've been dreaming about.

Rob and Amber are tough as nails. They're definitely the ones to beat. They work very well together. They don't seem to spat with one another. Tough. Tough. Tough.

Ron and Kelly annoy me. He's controlling, but she's always nit picking him. She needs to accept him the way he is -because he's not going to change - or she needs to leave this relationship. Stop expecting him to be something he's not. As for her comments about him never commiting to anything - he commited to serving our country. He's no longer in the Army, but I don't see that as a lack of commitment - he was a POW for heaven's sake! I think she needs a course on "learning to accept your mate for who they are". I don't see how they'll stay together once this is finished.

I swear, I was ready to climb through the tv and strangle Gretchen. She drives me absolutely crazy with her constant whining and screaching "MERRRRREDITH!!!!". Good grief! Shut up already.

As for Lynn and Alex, I've never been fans of theirs, but I was actually sad to see them go. I would rather have seen R&K go than L&A. They seem like a very loving couple - I wish them the best in life.

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2005 - 11:33pm

I found Rob's grabbing of the Indian children and "forcing" them to push his elephant totally inappropriate and his comment about the difficulty of organizing Indian labor obnoxious.

Pat

Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response. --

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2005 - 11:57pm
OMG! DH told me he thought he must have heard it wrong but apparently not. What a terrible thing to say.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 9:58am

Wow is right! Last night was a crazy show!

First off... I was crying right along with Joyce when she got her head shaved. DH was kinda upset with her for being so dramatic about it and said "what about the people with cancer, they don't have a choice." I told him there was no way I'd be shaving my head! And if I had cancer then I guess I wouldn't have a choice but I wouldn't be shaving my head when I could turn around and go do the other stuff and possibly not get kicked off. But she was beautiful after it was shaved! I really hope they win!

Rob's comment about the Indian workers kinda made me mad... but it's still not as bad as all of Kendra's comments about how they keep "breeding and breeding". I think the kids on the side of the street wanted to push the elephant, but were kinda shy about getting up there and that's why he pushed them up there. He was a little rough though... but I'm sure it was just that adrelaline rushing!

I couldn't help but laugh and say "man, I don't want to get old!" when I saw Gretchen up on top of that elephant! What was she doing?? Poor Meredith trying to push it all by himself... I felt bad for him.

I could not believe Lynn & Alex went home last night! I was hoping it would be, but really thought it was going to be the old couple. That's what they get for worrying about Rob & Amber so much!

Kelly's comment about the POW thing on next week's preview... WOW!! DH and I just looked at each other with our mouths open on that one!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 12:08pm

I enjoyed this week alot. It was quite exciting!

I felt so bad for Joyce when she had to shave her head but I was so proud of her as well. And he (I can never spell his name) was so sweet and supportive. I really hope they win the whole thing. I wished that someone else had done the fast forward because I really doubt that they others (especially Amber and Kelly) would have shaved their heads. Gretchen might have. Despite her constant whining she proved herself to be quite tough and determined when she fell in the mine.

Although I still don't like Rob and Amber I have to admit that they work well together and play the game well. I don't know if I'd really call them tough though. They are smart and lucky. They've been helped by locals quite a bit. Sometimes it's because Rob was smart and nabbed a local to help them but sometimes it was because they were recognized.

Ron and Kelly annoy me. Actually it's more Kelly. I thought they were fine last night but her comment in the previews was crazy. Does she really think that he got out of the military by being a POW because he lacked commitment? That's crazy!

I amazed that Meredith and Gretchen are still in the race. I have to give them credit for making it this far. They are tough (and lucky somewhat) to be competed with teams so much younger. Although I find Gretchen's voice to be so annoying I'm glad they made it this far. I doubt they'll go any farther. Unless someone makes a serious mistake (which could easily happen) they should be eliminated next.

I was a little sad to see Lynn and Alex go last night. They did add some fun to the race. Although overall they've been very obsessed with beating Rob and Amber I didn't notice it was much last night. They seemed to be much more focused on what they were doing themselves.

And what was up with Rob and Amber trying to beat Ron and Kelly to the mat? Unless they though they could be first why race so hard for 2nd and 3rd place? I guess I'm just not competitive enough. I'd race or first or not to be last but not for something in the middle. I guess they could have thought that were last.

I can't wait for next week. Is next week the finale?

~Mary

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 12:45pm

Wow is exactly how I would have put it. I too cried when they start to cut her hair. Uchena was so supportive during the whole thing and telling her that they did not have to do it etc. They are now my favs to win. After she cut her hair, I kept saying, please let them be first and please let them win a prize....one of out two is ok, but after that they deserved a vacation.

Sorry to see Lynn and Alex go, would have preferred it be M & G, but these two do seem to have nine lives. Why she stayed in the elephant is beyond me. If J&U do not win, my second choice would be R&A, while I am not big fans of theirs, they have played the game well and just seem to work good together. R&K just seem to have issues.

If I recall correctly there is another non elimination round, (didn't Phil the first time say that it was 1 of 2 or 3) However if there is and its M7 G again, I do not see them getting any help from any of the remainings teams other the J&U.

Good episode!!

xxxNancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 1:14pm

What a great episode! I felt so let down last week when nobody got eliminated, but it made up for it this week. I was cracking up as they all ran to the mat and were disappointed, LOL. Then only to get over to the train station and have hours and hours to wait - too funny! Gretchen said something about it being a dirty trick, although I can't remember the term she used, but it made me laugh.

I've not been a fan of Lynn and Alex for most of the show. In the beginning, one week I'd love them and the next week I'd hate them. But, I was sad to see them go last night, especially for something that wasn't very much their fault like being taken to the wrong place.

Rob just really knows how to play this, finding people to help them out and everything. I just wish they'd show these people being smart enough to check the gas level in their vehicles before getting into them, you know? Seems like after this many seasons, you'd figure that out! Anyway, that wasn't Rob and Amber, but still, LOL. I guess you have to know people like him or something to get that he's kidding when he makes comments like the one about the Indian labor, by the look on his face I could tell it was just a joke. Not that it makes it okay, but he wasn't serious. Funny though, as soon as he said it, I knew people would be all over it. This is why reality shows are so successful, there's someone for everyone to like, LOL! I'll bet someone out there really liked Jonathan last season, too. ;)

Ron and Kelly, I just don't get it. One of the recap sites a few weeks back was trying to describe them and said "it's like they just met 5 minutes ago, and not 5 minutes before the show, 5 minutes AGO." That is just so true. She's a snotty thing and I can't really figure out if they don't show him being as snotty and he is, or she's just that bitchy. Because half the time it doesn't really seem like she should be acting that way, she says this stuff when it's not high stress situations and all that. Her comments on next week were just, I don't even know what to say... wow. I mean, when she said that he had committment problems, maybe she was right. And he used the Army as an example, which she is right, he got out of the Army so that's not really a good example for him to use when arguing that he's committed, something he's already not doing any longer. However, to say that he got out of it by being a POW? WTH? Like he chose to be a POW because he knew it would get him out of the Army and he just could NOT wait out the rest of his short time serving? What an idiot! Had she stopped the argument before using that line, I'd totally be on her side... but I don't even know what she's thinking! I really hope they aren't together any longer, they don't even seem to like each other, just the idea of being with each other.

Uchenna and Joyce - WOW! I mean - WOW!!! These two keep saying that they need to work on their relationship and make it stronger? Really, I can't see it! I don't remember a better relationship on this show. Those two just make me want to hug them, I will probably cry if they come in last and get eliminated. Joyce last night, I just knew she'd go on and shave her head. That one moment when she yelled at Uchenna and they went to commercial I thought, "Oh no, a crack in their bond." but when they came back, I really think she just wanted to get on with it and didn't want to let him ask her if she really wanted to because she was afraid he'd tell her not to and she'd back out. SO proud of him for telling her she didn't have to, even as she didn't want to hear it and just being so supportive of her. She really does look great, I was surprised at how it brought out her features so much more, too. Beautiful woman! I don't think the others would have done it either, Rob and Ron probably would have but I can't see Lynn, Alex, Kelly or Amber doing it. Although, in Amber's case, I wouldn't either knowing I was getting married in a few months, LOL! But then, $1 million can buy a lovely wig - hehehe. I'm not sure about Meredith and Gretchen, my first instinct says they wouldn't do it but I really wouldn't be that surprised if they did - she did drive right on after cracking her head open, screechy voice and all, hehehe!!

When is the finale, does anyone know? I was thinking next week would be a non-elimination and then the Final 4 teams would go into the finale?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 5:03pm

Let me start by saying I still miss the brothers. They were so cool, got along great and never let all their bad luck get them down. OK I'm over it now.

Did you see Rob almost knock Ron and Kelly right off the mat?? I couldn't believe it!!

When the brothers left I started hoping for Lynn and Alex. They may be a little too worried about Rob and Amber but they also got along great and alway encouraged each other. They were so comical!! Did you see they had layers of clothing on again???

Although Ron and Kelly are not much of a couple I wouldn't mind too much if they won if only because Ron said he would donate his money to injured vets from the war. How nice is that. Kelly is another story but I would rather they win than Rob and Amber.

Uchenna and Joyce are really not that entertaining but after she shaved her head last night I thought they deserve to win more than any other team. I had thought that L&A might shave their heads if they had to but then when they got talking about missing their skin cream well......

It seems every time I like a team they are gone. Maybe I should start hoping for Rob and Amber.

Shannon

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 7:36pm

You know, I was wondering if Lynn and Alex would have shaved their heads! I decided they would have because of the million dollars and most likely they'd have been eliminated if they ditched the fast forward and went back to do the task.

OTOH -- maybe it would have been too much for them.

Pages