AR 4/26, disc. & spoilers

iVillage Member
AR 4/26, disc. & spoilers
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 7:36am

First I was amazed that U&J got to the pit stop last week only minutes before the other teams. They were all close in times.

Second I was overjoyed when U&J and G&M got on an earlier flight and the others did not. Serves Rob right for asking Gretchin fishing for imformation. If he had kept his mouth shut instead of trying to throw them for a loop, this leg may have been totally different. Nonetheless, I think they learned their lesson not to underestimate your opponents.

I am really curious as to when R&K relationship is now. As you all commented regarding Kelly's commitment comment and his lack thereof was really bad. I was happy to see them come in last and unhappy they got the trip money. At least it was not R & A, they already have a few. I wish it had been J & U cause they are my favs.

I think we all knew it was a non-elim round. However I since R&K are staying at the Four Seasons, I don't think they will have any trouble scraping up money for this leg, nor finding some extras...how convenient that all worked out.

Kudos to Gretchin with the Roadblock, I thought for sure she'd never make it. I think its a toss up for the final.

What about you all??

xxxNancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 8:17am

How funny is it that Gretchen and Meredith came in number two? I was cracking up when they stepped on the mat.

Ron and Kelly remind me of me and exdh the year before our divorce. That ain't good.

Rob and Amber - too bad they weren't last and it was an elimation round. They sure would've learned their lesson that way. You can't be that cocky and not have it come and bite you in the butt.

I think Joyce looks prettier with her hair shaved. That hair wasn't doing anything for her.

Melissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 8:36am

I thought it was ironic that Rob was calling Uchenna and Joyce and Meredith and Gretchen stupid when he was the one

Pat

Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response. --

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 10:18am

I really liked last nights episode a lot. As soon as they showed Rob asking Gretchen if they got an earlier flight, I told DH that now they will get an earlier flight and he won't for sure. It's such easy foreshadowing on this show sometimes, LOL! I still love him and would like to see he and Amber win or else Uchenna and Joyce, love them, too. Too bad for me those two aren't aligned together, LOL.

I guess since I was pretty sure it was a non-elimination round (unless they tried to throw a surprise in there, LOL) it wasn't as exciting to me. Otherwise, I'd have been screaming for Rob and Amber to beat Ron and Kelly. At least I'll get to see them beg for money next week, maybe. Looks like several of them get to fighting next week, Joyce screaming at Uchenna really surprised me.

At this moment, the order I'd love for them to come in is: Uchenna and Joyce, Rob and Amber, Meredith and Gretchen, Ron and Kelly. I guess I'd be okay with M&G winning but I'm just not a fan of theirs at all, tough as they might be.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 4:55pm

Well, considering I knew (from this board) that this was most likely a nonelimination round, I thought it was still pretty exciting.
First, I totally agree that Joyce looks FABULOUS bald. I'm thrilled that she and Uchenna not only kept their lead but seemingly built on it! I'm not sure why Rob and the rest couldn't find out any info on the earlier flight (they went to Turkish Airlines and everything--I was a bit confused as to why they weren't told about the Dubai flight), but I was happy as heck that it kept J and U in the lead.

Second, while I am actually a Rob and Amber fan overall (I'm hoping they come in second after U and J), he is still one cocky guy and to see him make such a big mistake and mouth off too much was pretty dang funny. I'm glad that Rob and Amber aren't sailing through the end. It's good to see them work harder for a change!

Bless Meredith's sweet little heart--I cannot bear Gretchen's whining anymore. I think if I would just mute the TV whenever they are shown, I'd actually be rooting for them, but instead I'm just wishing them gone.

Finally, Kelly is so icky. Maybe it's just the editing, but I can't figure out why she is so testy with Ron (is that his name?) all the time. He seems mostly pleasant, I think. And sometimes she should just take responsibility when she makes a bad call. When they were having their committment discussion, all I could think was why they couldn't just travel together--if he wants to travel more and she wants to be married. I guess she wants the kids now, but she can't blame him for not being ready for that. Anyway, that's a Dr. Phil show, I guess. The POW comment was just riduculous. I HATED that they won the Travelocity prize. I honestly would have rather seen ANY other couple win that--even Gretchen. Maybe especially Gretchen just to give her nothing to whine about for a night.

Anyway--can NOT wait for next week.

:) Amy

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 10:24pm

I think Joyce is absolutely gorgeous bald. I would look like a complete fool with a bald head, but she looks stunning. I actually think she's prettier without hair than with. I really like her and Uchenna. It looks like they have a disagreement next week. It will be the first argument that we've seen between them.

I can't believe Meredith and Gretchen were second! Holy cow! Good for them. Gretchen's voice still annoys the heck out me and I'm tired of hearing her whine about everything. However, she always steps up and completes the task, so you have to give her credit for that.

I'm so tired of Ron and Kelly. She's such a witch. I was truly hoping that her POW comment in last week's preview was going to turn out to be nothing. I was wrong. She's terrible to him. I just don't think they're made for each other.

Rob and Amber learned their lesson didn't they? I like R&A but it was very stupid for him to ask Gretchen if they got on the earlier flight - that lit a fire under Gretchen and made R&A come in 3rd. When it happened, I figured they'd catch up somewhere. Then Rob made the "They're stupid" comment and I had a feeling it was going to come back to haunt them.

Do you think taking their packs actually HELPS the teams? They no longer have to worry about carrying a bunch of stuff with them. Poor Kelly isn't going to have her makeup now.

According to my on-screen guide (Dish Network), AR is one hour next week. This is very strange, because in the past they've always done the 4th team eliminated right before the finale. I guess they're trying to drag it out a little longer (I'm actually surprised that it's not been drug out into sweeps).

Can someone without Dish check their on-screen guide and see if it's 1 or 2 hours next week?

Brandee ~

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 10:27pm

I think last night was the first time in awhile that I wasn't screaming at the TV. I figured it would be a nonelimination round but I still totally enjoyed Rob and Amber being in the back group. Although I'll admit that he and Amber are playing a good game (and getting quite lucky) his cocky attitude rubs me the wrong way. I was so annoyed when he started toying with Gretchen but then when it blew up in his face I was thrilled. At then end when he said he made a big mistake by not finding an earlier flight I think he was wrong. His mistake was toying with her in the first place. If he hadn't done that that foursome probably wouldn't have even checked on an earlier flight and he and Amber might have been first. They certainly would have beaten Meredith and Gretchen.

I love Joyce and Uchenna and really hope they win. I too was really suprised that they only finished a few minutes behind R&K last week. They are playing a good game and getting along so well. It is sweet of them to be looking out for Meredith and Gretchen a bit too. She looks beautiful with her head shaved.

I know Gretchen's voice is driving most people crazy (me too for that matter) but I like them and have to give them credit. They are pretty tough even if they get a little flustered and miss things sometimes. To be 66 years old and climbing that wall is great. I know that many times it was luck that made them not finish last but whatever happens they deserve to be very proud of themselves. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if they finish 1st or 2nd.

I don't really care about Ron and Kelly at all. He seems OK but their relationship is crazy. I couldn't believe her POW comments. They are very strong and competitive and I'd like to see them beat Rob and Amber but that's it.

I'm going to be so stressed out next week. I'm OK when I like several of the teams but don't really love or hate any. But when I really dislike or love one of the teams I stress out too much. This time I hate R/A and love U/J so I think I'll be on the edge of my seat (and possibly even screaming at the TV) the whole time.

I can't wait!!!

~Mary

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-27-2005 - 11:19pm
According to the online tv guide I checked next week is one hour and then the finale is a two hour show on May 10. My guess is that they eliminate one team next week and then the final three race it out the next week.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2005 - 1:21pm

I loved the show this week. The fact that R/A thought that they were so far ahead only to find out that they were third. I was really wishing that they would be last and loose all their stuff and money. It wouldn't hurt them much as I have never seen a team so lucky in my life but it would have taught Rob a lesson about being so cocky and full of himself.

I really don't want them to win. I would be ok if Ron and Kelly won. I don't like her at all but I like him enough to make up for it. He never talks rude to her and he always talks in a calm voice. I think he's a nice guy. They probly didn't date that long before this show was taped so they probly didn't really even know each other that well.

M/G sure seem to hang in there. She drives me crazy but I'm not sure that I would have made it up that rope ladder! So, that only leaves one team and I wouldn't mind at all if they won. They get along so well as a team and the fact that she shaved her head makes her the most deserving one of all the AR shows.

Shannon

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2005 - 3:24pm
I read somewhere, it may have been People magazine, that Joyce has continued to leave her head shaved.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-29-2005 - 1:03pm
I'm right there with you, Shannon!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket