Survivor Toca: Thu 2/12 epi talk

iVillage Member
Survivor Toca: Thu 2/12 epi talk
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 7:03pm

Just setting up for tonite's epi ....

IF you have not seen the episode, do NOT continue past the first post.

We will be discussing events that take place during the 8pET airing and if you're spoiled, it will be your own fault.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 9:49pm

yay! was a good episode. liked the twist at the beginning. not sure what i would have done in their shoes. probably searched for a little while then done some stuff around camp.

sienna (sierra..not sure which it is)....she is a whiner and i will be glad to see her gone.
sandy...oh my! she is a hoot. loved watching her trying to figure out what paces were. lol! she seems pretty cool and i'm glad she stuck around.
tyson...holy cow is he strong and fit! i think he'll be around for quite a while.
raj...her thing says former pop star. anyone know what group she was with?
jt...liked him right away. hope he sticks around for a while.

everyone else...didn't really make an impression either way. although, there are sure a lot of boobs this season.

gotta love a naked guy on the first episode (esp the mormon guy). lol!

and you know it'll be a good season when the first vote is a complete blindside. yipee!

(btw...if anyone else wants in on the cbs reality game, it's not too late. i just need your email addy to send an invite too. you have to sign up for cbs fantasy but it's super easy and free and you even have a chance to win prizes at the end of the season.)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 10:34pm

raj...her thing says former pop star. anyone know what group she was with?

So let’s get back to the rest of the contestants. Taj is a 37-year-old Grammy-nominated singer who has sold over 6,000,000 records! She is still with the group SWV (Sisters With Voices), is a mom and wife, etc. She is married to former NFL running back Eddie George. She says she is not the typical NFL wife – she’s rough and rugged and the man in the house a lot of the time, so don’t underestimate her. Even though she’s also the biggest girl there, weight-wise, she says there is a lot of muscle there.

Probst notes that if people find out her background, they may decide she has everything she needs and doesn’t need to win another million dollars. Taj says a couple people have already recognized her, and she’s afraid they’ll decide she doesn’t need it. She says she might not need it, but she wants it! Besides, even though she’s in a popular group and her husband has been successful, she has never had a million dollars before.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 10:42pm

Wow. What a good first episode.

Sandy was funny "What is a "pace"? I have no idea what a "pace" is!". LOL.

Sierra isn't going to last unless she hooks up with someone (think Courtney in China and Sugar last season) to kind of let her float along with them. I do think she impressed her tribe by doing some work before they arrived, but.. I'm not sure that'll save her. And I really don't know that admitting you're sick is a smart way to start this game. Sick people tend to get voted off right away. Perhaps it'll be different once she's feeling better?

I like the cattle rancher (TJ? JT?) right away. Plus, he's kinda cute. A little eye candy is always enjoyable. He seems to be strong and I'm thinking he'll be able to handle the heat better than everyone else.

I have a soft spot for people in the Army/National Guard so I kinda like the Army Sgt. We'll see if he starts to annoy me.

I am sooo glad they voted out Carolina. I couldn't take the bossy/whining.

I can't really think of anyone else right now. I think it's going to be a great season!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 7:05am
So far, so good. By voting off Carolina, Jalapeno :)

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 9:44am
It was a good first episode! Why is the older woman on the show always so annoying?? Sorry, I didn't care for Sandy. Seriously, who has no idea what "10 paces" means? I loved Probst's line at tribal..."Sandy...you a little crazy?" At least she owned it. ;-)

Event.observe($('fullSizedImage'), 'load', function(event) { pageTags.addTagListToImg('fullSizedImage', ); });      

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 9:58am
Great episode. So far I pretty much like everybody. I was amazed that Sandy couldn't figure out 10 paces or find the lone palm tree. Hello?!?! I'm glad she didn't just "automatically" get voted off - otherwise they just need to stop inviting older women to be on the show, imo and that wouldn't be fair of course.

Photobucket

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 12:18pm

I am totally cracking up reading everyone's comments.

Last night, DH and I had like a 30-minute

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2009 - 8:13pm
Great first episode, especially the twist at the beginning! Glad to see Carolina go since I can't stand mouthy people. Sandy is a close second in the mouth department imo. Hopefully she'll keep her attitude in check...it's already tiring.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-14-2009 - 2:41pm

I'll bet the producers are shaking their head when they see her struggle over a pace. They are probably like "We tried to make it so easy!!!"

Good first episode. I always have high hopes in the beginning. The Jalapeño tribe better get their act together or I see them as being the underdogs for the first few weeks and losing everything. The other team seems to have more teamwork and camaraderie.

Always root for those from Utah but hard to say who could take it at this point. (I thought Sugar had it last time until she botched the final tribal).

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2009 - 11:46am

Finally watched it last night and was surprised I actually enjoyed it.

Photobucket

<

Pages