What a freak (spoiler 12/14)

iVillage Member
What a freak (spoiler 12/14)
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 10:07pm

OK - that Jon (is that his name?) needs some serious help!! I can not believe he hit her and freaked out because they were 2nd. Man, now I hope they win because he just might kill her if not! What is his deal?!?!?! I am so upset - I hope they do something about that! Poor Phil looked a little turked with him too. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even think right now to comment on the rest of the show - what a jerk!

Leslie

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 10:26pm

Ok he hit her, I saw him hit her. (Jonathan). Phil just stood there looking horrified.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 10:30pm
I was working and missed it.
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 10:38pm

Jon has been driving me crazy w/ all his yelling, but today took the cake.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 10:45pm

I would love to see how TOUGH he is if Lori/Bolo had him cornered.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 10:52pm

"I would love to see how TOUGH he is if Lori/Bolo had him cornered."

How true - dh said the same thing, he wouldn't act like that if it was Bolo.

I'd love to see Bolo give him a good body slam like the wrestlers do (dh is a wwe fan as well)

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 11:31pm

Okay... I hope that the producers take a good look at the performance that JOn gave this evening and I am hoping that something is done. If they continue and and win I am not sure that I would ever be able to return to watching this show again... it would be like condoning the actions of wife abuse. There has got to be a limit to what we are watching on "Reality shows" and I will totally agree that alot of them have crossed the line however, I have chose not to watch those. SOme of the yelling and screaming on this episode was a little beyond what I would like to see however, I am sure a good majority of this is censored on the edit room floor normally which I believe in some cases is where this needs to stay. Tonight's episode reminded me of Jerry Springer!

All kidding aside, I am so sad for Victoria. SHe needs to walk away from this relationship. No one needs to be treated this way and if Jon will behave this way when he knows tv camera's are following him around... what goes on behind closed doors is what scares me. he needs professional help.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2004 - 11:52pm

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not excusing him okay?

Photobucket
Custom Photo Cards ~ Just in time fo
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-15-2004 - 12:28am

OMG!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-15-2004 - 8:55am

Did he actually hit her? It looked to me like he pushed her pack. That still wasn't nice of him to do. My guess is that the producers will talk to them both off camera at the pit stop. I hope that they are able to provide Victoria with assistance should she decide to seek help.

Personally, I probably would have picked up the second pack as well. It would make no sense for them to risk losing an entire bag to come in first instead of second. Yes...there usually is a cruise or prize for the first place team. But at this point Victoria is probably wondering if spending more time with him is such a great idea.

Gus was hilarious drinking the beer! He was so transparent when he wanted to stay behind and drink more :)

I was in tears during the tribute to the slaves. It looked like the older couple was teary as well. It was a nice touch for the show to give that bit of respect.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-15-2004 - 9:18am

What a freaking jerk he is! I can't even tell you how mad I was last night. Okay, he's being a big crybaby and whining how he can't keep up and Victoria is way ahead of him yelling, "Come on, Jon, it's right up here!" So, he tucks his back behind some construction fence and runs off and leaves her. Hello, what if his pack had been stolen? Then what? Then you have the contrast of the other team with him grabbing her pack so she can go faster... that is what you expect a MAN to do. AND it's not like they were the last two teams and really HAD to get there before the other team.

And I don't care what you say about him only pushing the pack, I saw that the first time, but if she's wearing the pack, he pushed her. What if she hadn't been able to catch herself and had fallen and gotten scraped up or worse broken a bone? And I realize she was already hysterical but when she moaned out "Jon, stop it!" did it not sound like she was begging him? Like perhaps she'd been in that situation of begging him to stop before? THEN he goes on and on to Phil about how she has to live with the consequences of her decisions? WTF is that about? The only "consequences" to her decision are that they are a few seconds behind another team, they definitely have his backpack and whatever is in it. He's the one whining and who can't go on, so he's the one that slowed them down, so he's the one that caused them to be in second place - yet it's all her fault. If she'd falled or broken a bone or something, it would still be all her fault in his eyes, even though he was the one who pushed her. It just makes my blood boil!! Then Phil tells him to go talk to her and he walks up and starts yelling at her again, I'm guessing that isn't what Phil meant you bastard.

Okay, enough about him!! I was sad to see Don and Mary Jean go but I'm not surprised. They really were a nice couple but just not physically up for all of it. It was so emotional watching all of them go into the slave house, even the loudmouth's came out subdued and rightfully so. I was surprised not many of them mentioned the same thing about the Berlin Wall, except Gus (that I remember.) Maybe because most of it is down now, they don't know what it was like? I remember going to Berlin during the "Fall of the Wall" and chipping a piece away, I still have it somewhere. I told DH I'd have loved to have gone back and seen that again now. That girl who kept complaining about the country she was in, oh she was so annoying! Show some respect, that is all those people have and you aren't there forever.

OH! The most shocking thing, up until the shove, was how Don and Mary Jean said they just couldn't bring themselves to ask those people so much poorer than themselves for money. What compassion that showed, they were willing to give up the race right there rather than ask for something those people didn't have to give. But, more surprising was the other teams actually helping them out and giving them money, I was amazed at that. I don't know why, but seeing those people all these weeks, I'd have never expected most of them to do that. And most of them gave $5 and $10 and Jon hands them a $20? How does he turn himself on and off like that? Hell, look at how he was screaming at Victoria and ranting about her to Phil but he's still able to stop and shake the guys hand on the mat and say thanks? GRRR. Okay, I'm done, LOL!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pages