Any other cookbook hoarders out there?

iVillage Member
Any other cookbook hoarders out there?
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 2:32pm

Here are a few new ones to add to your collections!

Studies show that eating dinner together as a family has many health, emotional and social benefits. But with little time for weeknight cooking and picky young eaters who'd rather eat in front of the TV, weeknight dinners can often feel like a chore.

Thankfully, there's a slew of new family-friendly cookbooks on the market that are created with busy moms and dads in mind. Here are our top four picks for delicious and healthy recipes that are sure to draw the whole family to the table.~

http://www.ivillage.com/dinners-ready-4-new-family-friendly-cookbooks/3-a-370072

cookbook-collage-636.jpg

What cookbooks do you love?

I still have the red & white checkered Better Homes & Garden cookbook I got as a wedding gift.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 12:13am

I have the BH&G books, the Good Housekeeping, the Sunset series from the '70's;

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-07-2011 - 12:00am
I love cookbooks!! I don't consider it hoarding, just collecting. I have a "plaid cookbook" from the 60s or 70s, I think that was my mom's & a Good Housekeeping cookbook from the same time. As a kid, I used to love to plan dinner parties from those & decorate my imaginary house from the Sears catalog. Most of my cookbooks I have never cooked a single recipe from, but I love reading through them!
That Gold Cookbook sounds like something I should look into!

Community Leader
Fri, 08-05-2011 - 11:31pm

Kellie, PLEEZE...you are showing your age!!!

Photobucket