Anyone making or fixing something new -

Community Leader
Anyone making or fixing something new -
Tue, 01-10-2012 - 2:59pm

Its a new year and wondering if anyone is experimenting on a new recipe..
what was, it

<

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 11:01am
no new experiments other than asking for flavor help to keep a 'somewhat' boring lifestyle diet in check to keep down the weight.

but if I bake cookies for kiddo and hubby, I am sure to bake a few and keep the recipe small. THEY say, oh, only 3 cookies each and I say yea cause if I make 30 cookies I would eat the other 24 myself. they would not make it to others LOL LOL

I am a meat gal. I head more towards an Atkins point of view vs carbs. carbs kill me, point blank, vs. protein.

Community Leader
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 8:24pm
Atkins is ok, I even use some of it on my diet plan...
<
Community Leader
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 9:06pm

I do cook and share...mostly dog cookies.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 10:19pm
I don't think I've tried any new recipes for a while. I need to though, the same old things get pretty boring this time of year. I will be looking for snack ideas for this Saturday. It's my DD's 7th birthday, and since DH's birthday is the following Monday, we're doing a double birthday party. I want to have a few snaks, but have no idea what I'll be serving yet. If I can find some good avacado's I'd like to make some guak. I make really good chuky stuff with lots of tomatoes and onion.

I will be make two cakes also, a yellow cake with purple (yup, purple) frosting for DD and a chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream for DH. Nothing fancy, I'm not good that way!

Maybe after the birthday stuff I'll start looking for some new things to try!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 9:30am
My newest thing I want to try is cake balls. I want to make a batch for my soon to be 2 yo's birthday. But I need to "try" it first to see if I can do it right. We have been down and totally out all week with a stomach bug so I havent got a chance. We are having his birthday party on the 21st. I need to try. They look good, and cheaper than ordering a cake from the store bakery. Plus I was soooooo dissappointed in the bakery's cake last time. And I think these will be much easier for a 2 yo to eat than a peice of cake. Im excited to try it, just gotta stop feeling so yucky.
Oh and there is a good pulled pork recipe I want to try for that day too. I love pulled pork but much prefer it in the smoker than in the crock pot. But the smoker is supposed to be dh's department. I may end up teaching myself before long, bc he's never home long enough to do it, lol!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 3:43pm
mmaielua7 wrote:
I don't think I've tried any new recipes for a while. I need to though, the same old things get pretty boring this time of year. I will be looking for snack ideas for this Saturday.

Misty, I posted on Parties & Entertaining with the same conundrum a few months ago. Someone suggested putting out bowls of flavored popcorn as a snack and it was a huge hit. You can make your own, but I just bought a few flavors - cheddar, buffalo chicken (suprisingly good!), and cinnamon.

I also did tiny little cups with vegetable sticks in them and a dab of ranch dressing in the bottom of each cup. I was surprised at how many of the kids at the veggies!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 3:48pm
I really want to try cake pops too, but I'm afraid! I've never been much of a baker. Here are some tips, if you need them...

http://www.ivillage.com/basic-cake-pops/3-r-388855

I've seen so many different varieties on blogs and Pinterest. Some people are so talented!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 7:13pm
Kellie, I will take all the tips I can get, so thank you very much for posting the link. When I get around to it, I will be sure to share my results!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

Community Leader
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 7:52pm

Interesting about the cake balls!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 10:07pm
So I just happened to run across this on Facebook tonight and thought of you. Cupcake Cakeballs! So cute!

http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2012/01/cupcake-cakeballs-brace-yourself-for.html?spref=fb
Photobucket

Pages