Sun, 09-25-2011 - 10:37am

Basic Biscuits

2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp cold butter or shortening or combination of both
1 cup cold buttermilk

Toss flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together.

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
In reply to: k_roni
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 1:35pm

Did you notice Misty's comment about the deviled eggs?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 4:25pm
I did. And that would be great. When I do make deviled eggs, I always have to make a lot, so that would be great!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 4:48pm
That's me, I make deviled eggs for get togethers, so I'm making at least 3 dozen eggs at a time. My food processor works well, but the clean up almost isn't worth it sometimes. The pastry blender makes quick work of it!

I never use mine or potatoes, I like mine really smooth, so I use my Kitchen aide for that. But I do have the right one!! Mine is almost exactly like the one Karens says is good. Wooohoo!! =D

Karen, I made Busciuts and Gravy for breakfast yesterday, and they were a huge hit!! I always have left overs, but not yesterday. Everyone loved them, and I used the left over buscuits (I made a double batch) for DH's breakfast sandwiches this week. I just cut them with a bigger glass, and the cooked up nice and fluffly. The only thing that was different is I used to milk and vinegar sub. for butter milk, and they puffed up quite a bit and was really sticky. I made a big mess, and DD3 thought it was GREAT that I was so messy...lol. Once I worked a litle flour into them, and folded it a few times it was nice and soft and worked out well. I was afraid maybe they'd be harder since I had to work more flour in, but they were perfect.

~Misty~

Community Leader
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 5:34pm

My customers called my big biscuits "catheads."

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:48am
Same here about the eggs, lol.
But in true Walmart fashion, they didn't have what I wanted. They had the "bad" one, lol. Im glad Karen told me not to get it. Man that thing was flimsy. Anyway, next time I get into the city to get to more stores, I will look for one.

Visit

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 2:04pm

I'm glad I'm not the oly one that doesn't find what she's looking for at Wal Mart.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 3:27pm
Having worked at that evil place, I can tell you one problem is the fact that the computer does the bulk of the ordering. When something is scanned at the register, it then goes into the software that it needs to be replaced. The problem with that lovely plan is the computer will "think" that the store has more than it actually has OR the more common problem was we would have it, but it would be completely BURIED in the back room :/

And full inventory is only done once a year (and let me tell you does that day suck as a cashier, every customer, albeit rightly, complaining that the shelves are bare because they can't re-stock)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 3:37pm
LOL, bless you for working there! My checkout the other day took 20 minutes (i had 6 things) because of those computers!!!
;)

Visit

Community Leader
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 8:23pm

I avoid WalMart at all costs.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 10:17pm
I have a lot of complaints about Wal Mart, but honestly, I can't afford to go anywhere else. I have tried Target and SopKo, but you can't beat Wal Mart prices almost 100% of the time. If I go the the Super Wal Mart, I have to either go two different times, or make two trips. I shop once a month, so that is a lot of stuff to get into one cart. I do a non food run, then a food run. There is no Kroger here, but I do go to Albertson's.

I hate shopping also, but mostly because I have to travel at least 11/2 to 2 hours to get to the stores. It's very tiring to have ot shop for a month, and do it all in one day after driving that long, then driving that long back home! But, that is what I get for living in the middle nowhere...but I also get the quiet and safety that comes with rural living. If I didn't have to pay for delivery, I'd shop online too!!! My niece shops online for a lot of non food items also.

Man, that turned into a novel...lol!

~Misty~

Pages