Cake Pops Problem

iVillage Member
Cake Pops Problem
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 10:32am

I need some help.

I have made cake pops twice and for some reason I can't get them to bake completely round, they take on this cone like shape. 

Any ideas to help with this problem?

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 6:07am
Just try and try. Never give up, don't quit.
Community Leader
Wed, 05-01-2013 - 4:15pm
I didn't either! I was planning on buying on of those small cake pop makers, they had them at bed bath *& beyond on clearance and I decided to wait. We have the mini cupcake maker my mom gave us for christmas, but when I went back to get it for my middle one's birthday party, they were all out and I had remembered reading the link that there was a pan and so went over to target to buy it. If I hadn't found the pan, I would have not done them at all. I was also glad I had planned on making a decent amount and didn't wait til the last minute, it took me a few tries to really get them right, from the baking, to the trimming, to the dipping in chocolate and getting the sticks to stay on, and to wait and put sprinkles on after the chocolate had cooled a good 5 minutes!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 05-01-2013 - 1:10pm
thanks for the link, Arryl! I never knew there was a pan.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 05-01-2013 - 1:07pm

Pretty!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-01-2013 - 10:07am

Wow the cake pops look great....mine didn't come out that round LOL  After checking out the link you sent me I noticed the pan that I have the hole for the top of the pan is a little larger than the on the website.  The next time I will I will fill the bottom to the fill line and when then cut the excess off...I take pictures and post Smile

Rowena....

Community Leader
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 3:04pm

Some of mine did come out the top, and some did come up "less than round", but I figured compared to having to crumble the cake, add all the frosting and then form them by hand, I'd take less round.  here is a picture of what my first batch looked likem which did end up less round compared to the ones I did later as I got the hang of it, but none of these ones bled through the top, so I wasn't filling them quite enough. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 2:30pm

Hi Arryl,

Thanks for the response.  I use the top and the cake always seems to come thru the hole on the top and create an "cone" shape cake pop.  When I use less cake batter I get these half shaped circle cake pops.  I just wanted to create a round cake pop like the ones that are on the box (of the pan that the cake pop came in)

I will check out the link you provided and thanks againSmile

Rowena....

www.blockpartyservices.com

Community Leader
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 11:28am

Do you use the pan with the top?  I had that problem a little when I was doing them 2 weekends ago, I just figured I couldn't do a whole lot about slightly oblong or misshaped ones, but overall they turned out pretty well.  Here is a great link to some "fool proof" things to help out with them:

http://homemakerchic.com/2012/08/24/how-to-make-fool-proof-cake-pops/

Photobucket