Cooking Blender??

Community Leader
Cooking Blender??
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 5:16pm

Cuisinart has another new toy that I don't need.  It's a blender with a cooking element in it.  You can use it as a regular blender too, but it's for cooking soup.  I don't like blended soups, but I guess some people would love to use it.  

I'm still using an immersion blender that I had in my restaurant 26 years ago.  I really need one like I bought for my daughter, that breaks down and goes in the dishwasher.  Mine doesn't come apart to it's a little difficult to clean.

What do you think? http://www.cuisinart.com/products/blenders/sbc-1000.html

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:18pm
GOOD POINT! When I was in college, I took an ancient popcorn popper with me. It would heat soup, cook grits, make popcorn, and I even figured out how to make cheese dip in it. I could boil veggies in it too. Since I was living on campus we could not have a lot of stuff, but I got permission to have a fridge. I did all of my cooking with a toaster oven, an electric skillet, and the popcorn popper.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:52pm

I love my immersion blender, I use it often works good on those beans, even potatoes and whipping up a little cream.  I worked in a Mexican restaurant where we used one for our beans but it was about the size of a baseball bat. You must have some strong arms girl :smileyvery-happy:

I actually think a college student would love something like this.  Make up your drinks for the midnight party and the next day cook some hangover soup.

PattyK

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/yttap/siggys/
Community Leader
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 2:28pm
I agree!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:59pm
I use an immersion blender for soups as well. I also use my food processor to puree certain soups. I use my regular blender for smoothies and poolside adult beverages.

I have plenty of kitchen toys and gadgets, but this seems a bit far fetched.

<

Community Leader
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:32am

I don't use my immersion blender that much, but sometimes to smooth a sauce or make the frijole beans perfect (sorry, my son called the refried beans "frijole beans") I use the immersion blender.  I bought Nicki hers to make baby food.  For these little people...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 11:04pm
Too much for not enough! I don't even have an immersion blender, maybe I should add that to my wish list though. Just not sure what I'd use it for.

~Misty~