My family aren't carrot fans.

~Misty~

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 4:43pm

I have never been a big carrot fan.

Community Leader
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 9:58pm

This amazes me, I've never met a MAN who was not half rabbit, needless to say a child who did not love carrots.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 11:29pm
Yum, I think I'm going to head to the store tomorrow morning to get some carrots to play with! I never thought about honey or corn syrup, but maple syrup...that just might be a winner with both my DD's. I never thought about it, I do cook carrots with my pot roasts, and of course in chicken soup, turkey soup, that kind of thing. I just didn't think of them that way. And my oldest DD (the one that can't eat fruit, she gags) will pick all the carrots out of Bean and Bacon soup to have all for herself...lol.

I'll report back tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure carrots with butter and maple syrup is on the menu tomorrow!!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 12:03am
I had someone comment a few years ago that almost every meal I made for the week of VBS had carrots (pot roast, spaghetti & probably the chili), this year, I think it was just the spaghetti sauce & chi

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 12:08am
Darn iPad!! Chicken noodle soup.
I don't like canned carrots at all (not a big canned veggie fan, at all). I only like frozen carrots diced or cut small, sliced or whole they have a weird texture to me. It seems I can never put enough carrots in my pot roast -- my guys scarf them up.

Community Leader
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 11:02am

"It seems I can never put enough carrots in my pot roast -- my guys scarf them up."

AMEN!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 11:06am

OH, the chicken noodle soup!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 8:03pm
That's funny -- full of leaves! Levi's favorite part of chicken noodle soup is the celery -- he loves boiled celery...well, the noodles, too. When he was about 4 & having his third helping of noodles at dinner he declared he was going to become a noodletarian!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 8:32pm
LOL!!! Kind of like when I asked my late FIL if he liked grits...he said "gritty what??" He didn't even know what hominy was! I'm proud to say I still eat grits and eggs, and my younger DD loves them too.

I use carrots in "foil dinners". I make them with two hamburger patties, carrots, potatoes, onion and them slather them with cheese and butter, salt and pepper. When I was a kid, we'd cook them in the coals of a camp fire, but now I just make them in the oven. I've never tried to change them up with different ingredients, maybe this winter I will get creative and try some new things with the foil packets.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 9:29pm
My dad hated grits, from NY, but stationed in GA in the 50s. I love them, my kids & DH don't really care for them.
Levi makes what they call "hobo dinners" in scouts. Cooked in a foil packet, but placed in a cabbage leaf, first. It has hamburger made into meatballs, carrots, potatoes & onions with butter, salt & pepper. We made them recently but added a bit more seasoning & some diced smoked sausage -- quite tasty, even the other two who were totally opposed to the whole idea scarfed them up & I ate all the cabbage leaves!

Pages