Community Leader
Cooking pans
Mon, 03-14-2011 - 12:19pm

Just wondering how many have iron cast pans

<
Community Leader
In reply to: wren53
Tue, 03-15-2011 - 10:28am

Wren, the same thing is going on here, I have a date with all my kids this summer and am going to give them the stuff that each of them has wanted forever and some and other stuff if they want. We are de-junking so to speak...

I have several cast iron

Community Leader
Tue, 03-15-2011 - 11:13am
Hello Janet!
I have to agree with the electric if I had my own way I would of never of gotten a
electric due to I was born on or with gas and I prefer them over electric
It was my hubby who likes electric but he doesn't cook so he wouldnt know
a thing on cooking with it..
I also plan on de junking my kitchen or my whole house with things this year.
Its time to get rid of the clutter.. My kids or my dd told me the other day when it
comes to end she will only garbage the stuff anyways.. So its best for me to
do what I can with it now.. I dread leaving it to them to clean this place up..
My hubby is a collector of everything and doesnt use any of it..
* Thanks for the take on the perk coffee Never thought of that one with the electric
stove..

* I agree cast iron sure does seasoning to make it work the best!
<
Community Leader
Tue, 03-15-2011 - 10:11pm

Photobucket

I have a confession to make.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 10:42am

Because when I grew up a lot of people used that speckled tin or whatever it was, do you remember that stuff? I do not like anything but black cast iron, no emamel on them.

Most of the time I can't afford to buy new but you used to be able to go to farm sales or auctions around and get a box of cast iron stuff for less than $10. But people are getting smarter they know if they don't use it, they will be able to get their money back to resell it.

I have my eye out for a the old 3-5 qt cooker with lid....lol. I get so tired of trying to simmer things in modern pans and even slow cooking those things spit under the lid....where the cast iron lets the liquid go back into the pot....a friend of mine has one that she never uses I told her I would buy it from her but it was her grandmothers and she is only 1 of many girls in the family......and I am not related...lol....

Community Leader
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 9:06pm

Oh, that black speckled stuff...my boyfriend has a ton of it, I think there are only a couple of pieces in my shed.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 03-17-2011 - 9:09pm
My next mission is the Lodge chicken fryer.
Photobucket