Cooking Tool Investment Items to give to Teens? or anything else to invest in for their future hous

iVillage Member
Cooking Tool Investment Items to give to Teens? or anything else to invest in for their future hous
Sun, 12-05-2010 - 6:15pm

Ok, so THANK YOU to everyone for putting out the First Turkey, etc at 44 advice -----
I am still going thru it -

IN the meantime - a new topic = perhaps one not yet thrown out here.

My girls are 12 & 15 this year, for Xmas.

Community Leader

This is kinda hard, until they have their own place to cook and store tools.

Photobucket
Community Leader

duhhh....I don't know why I did not think of this earlier...

A recipe book, that they can collect their own favorites in.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Great ideas! oh - and we did just last week get my youngest a cookie press! She's already used it abt 3 times!!!!!
Community Leader
That is so cool about the cookie press; I gave my DD a ton of cookie cutters last year, too. She loves that sort of stuff, bakes a lot. Another idea? Classic shaped cake pans. Find a Wilton distributor or go online, I think I made Mickey Mouse about 20 times.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I was thinking of some really nice measuring spoons? ---
Community Leader

I know this won't be for a while but my favorite gifts at my bridal showers were the laundry basket, that was stuffed with kitchen stuff.... I know this is for later but things like a paring knife, potato peeler, veg.brush, dish cloths, spices, salt and pepper, maybe a pepper mill, spatulas it is limitless.....I had

Community Leader
Good idea!
Photobucket
Community Leader

That IS great for a shower, that stuff will nickle and dime you to DEATH buying it

Photobucket