Just curious here

<
Community Leader
Sun, 12-18-2011 - 10:54am

Sometimes I DO put corn in it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-18-2011 - 10:41pm
I've never even thought about putting corn in mine. I might have to try that some time, it sounds good. My mom would put left over corn in pancakes. It sounds strange, but acutally really good.

Totally not ready for Christmas. We do have most gifts wrapped under the tree, but we have at lest one to get, the store was out when DH went to get DD6 gift. I made 3 batches of sugar cookies today, and we all frosted and decorated them, it was a whole day project and my feet are killing me! Tomorrow I think it'll be pretzels dipped on chocolate, and maybe get the sugar cookies wrapped up in goodie bags and made all pretty. I am still planning on making a couple batches of snickerdoodles, lots of pretzels, and a few batches of kettle corn, it's so fast and easy!

We're also doing a lot of Christmas crafts since DD6 is out of school until January 2nd. We're making more dough ornaments, some homemade Christams cards to make, and probably finish up some cone decorations that we started a couple of weeks ago.

We have a few homemade gifts to make yet. My nephew and his wife are getting three foster kids Wednesday, so we'd like to make some gifts for them.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-18-2011 - 11:00pm
I used to use leftover corn, creamed or regular, but the kids complain about it, so I haven't done it in a long time.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 3:46pm

No, but I should! I have a friend who makes a southerwestern version with corn and diced green chilis in it. It's so good!

Photobucket