December is Special Baking

Community Leader
December is Special Baking
Fri, 12-06-2013 - 6:48am

So I was wondering  how many  of you bake for the holiday..

I do and make all kinds of different things

Cookies and breads   I love  christmas  cookies

Sugar   with real butter in them and I decorate them all different ways.
I also make a nice fruit cake.. I love rum in mine..

I so far have made  ritz cracker  with choc and peanut butter

Just wondering if anyone  

<
Community Leader
Sat, 12-21-2013 - 6:40pm
Christmas time is the time for me to bake up a storm and give it away.. I know its money but the feeling I get by giving it is Wonderful I made some new stuff this year... Oreo candies , coconut, mounds, joy, peanut butter balls and I also made some ritz peanut butter dipped in choc which is one of the favorites I also experiment with gluten free peanut butter cookies which came out ok.. I see YOU have been at it too with baking the special treats.. I have 2 already in the freezer to dip up I need those done right along so I can give some tomorrow night.. My hubby is working Christmas eve plus New Years eve so it will do wonderful for his customers... He is a night clerk.. I love baking at this time of the year.. I want to wish you a Merry Christmas Melissa...
<
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-06-2013 - 2:15pm

I was just thinking about making some sugar cookie dough today ;)  I use real butter as well in mine.  I also make cookie dough truffles and peanut butter fudge.  I'll make a couple of other batches, and might try a new recipe or two.  I got one for salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark that I really one to try.  I'm going to a cookie party later in the month and need to hunt up a new recipe for that.