Did you find your way home?

Community Leader
Did you find your way home?
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 2:24pm

Yoo-Hoo!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 2:41pm
Not much is cooking here, everyone is under the weather some how. My sinus infection, DH's has a cold, my mom has a chest cough, and Quinn's acting like he's not feeling so hot himself. 2 kids got sent home from his daycare back on Wed with pretty high fevers, so I hope its just a cold for him too.

I've discovered since I cut salt out of my cooking, I can taste it in so much prepared stuff that I just can't eat it anymore. I can even taste the salt in cheddar cheese, much to my dismay cause that's my favorite.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 2:43pm
Hi Karen,
Just wanted to tell you that I found our boards LOL . I'm Suzan from the Frugal Kitchen and thought I'd drop by and say hi to my new neighbor ;O)
I'll probably see you more often as I'm right down the street!
Tootles and hope you feel better now. (I don't like canned soup either) (I LOVE to make soup though, just love to)
Community Leader
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:06pm
HI Suzan! Thanks for dropping by. I'll return the call! Welcome!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:12pm
Feel better soon!
Yeah that canned stuff is awful. Ick.
I have chicken thawed out. I just dont have a clue what to do with it. I get frustrated with chicken. Last week I cut it into nuggets and breaded it, fried it and sauced it. It was GOOOOOOD but so much work and dirty dishes. I dont have the energy for all of that today. So Yeah...chicken of some sort is what will be cooking.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

Community Leader
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:24pm

Isn't that funny about the salt?

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:33pm
Made some homemade chicken soup this week..
I myself used the bones of the breast meat I cut off for later use..

I love homemade soups.. * I agree can soups aren't homemade,
taste is not homemade..
So for this one who feels a bit under the weather at the moment
is enjoying my homemade chicken broth soup..
with garlic, carrots, celery, onions and parsley which
seems to be helping me..

I to love frosty! I am glad you are feeling a bit better..
For I am pushing the vit C and garlic I hope it passes as fast as it
came on .. * my virus
<
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 10:35pm
Hope you are feeling better by now. We were going to stuff & grill some B/S chicken breasts, but I got home later than planned. DH had them stuff with prosciutto, thinly sliced smoked sausage & cheddar cheese & we baked them in the oven. Our lighting right now isn't good for grilling at night. I served peas, pierogies & sautéed onions with the chicken. All delicious! I am not a canned soup fan, either. I will do tomato for a quick & easy grilled cheese meal, but rarely finish a whole bowl.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 10:52pm
We eat a lot of canned soup around here, but only because it's fast, easy and cheap! I perfer to make my own though, especially chicken noodle.

I have become addicted to lemon in my water lately. I drink a lot, and adding a slice of lemon makes it taste fresher.

Nothing has been cooking around here yet, I spent the day in the "big town" today getting my monthly necessities and groceries. I did great budget wise this time. I got a great deal on some steak and roasts. Meat is my friend, carb wise. I also picked up whole wheat tortillas and english muffins, I hope I like them. I also found (on pinterest, LOVE LOVE THAT PLACE!!) a few recipes for very low carb things. I'm going to try a recipe tomorrow for "Cream Cheese Clouds" made with cream cheese, butter, splenda and vanilla. You make them and then keep them in the freezer. There is a recipe for Asparagus Gratin that looks good with parm and monterey cheese. Then a twice baked cauliflower. I'm sure I'll be the only one eating the last two, but I bought everyone else pizza!

~Misty~