Do you have an exercise plan?

Community Leader
Do you have an exercise plan?
Sun, 09-02-2012 - 6:18pm

Granted, if you have growing children you DO have an exercise plan, but is there anything else you like to do?  Zumba, running, biking, dancing?  

My daughter Nicki took up running recently.  She's addicted...not as bad as I was in my youth, but she loves to get out for a 5 mile run to blow off stress from being a work from home Mom of 3.  

I was always a weight lifter, runner, dancer, and done Yoga.  But things change as you age, and now I'm having to change my "blowing off steam" regimen.  I'm looking at resistance bands.  They are not new to me; I had spring weights under my bed for 30 years that I loved.  They worked the same way as resistance bands.  But husband #2 threw them out (he did not like anything that resembled some form of work).  

I have a yoga mat but can't use it with dogs; when I roll it out and get on the floor, the Furricane begins and I get licked to death and trounced.  I have not used my bike since I got the second dog, I need to get it out and get back on track with riding.  

What do you do to blast away pent up energy?   

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Re: Do you have an exercise plan?
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 10:55pm
I went sledding on my bottom once too because of a dog. Years ago we had two big black labs. It had snowed, was slick and I was taking one of them from the truck to the house and he saw a rabbit. I went down on my butt and I think he probably pulled me 30 or 40 feet.

~Misty~