Easy chicken salad?

iVillage Member
Easy chicken salad?
Thu, 06-05-2014 - 10:22am

Does anyone have an easy recipe and instructions for chicken salad? It doesn't look too difficult and I am having some friends over in a few days. I thought I might try it.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2014 - 12:22pm

I haven't tried this, I'm really not a chicken salad person, but her recipes are usually really fantastic. It sounds good!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/chicken-salad-the-way-i-like-it/

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2014 - 1:55pm

I'm super lazy with my chicken salad. I make it just like tuna/tuna salad. I buy the chicken in the can from Costco, which is fantastic (not icky at all!) and then just use mayo and whatever I want to add - usually celery, but my husband doesn't like it so if he's going to have some I'll leave that out. 

When we're being fancy (haha) we'll make chicken noodle salad. We use cavatappi and then add mayo, chicken (or tuna), and hard boil eggs cut up. Season with salt & pepper to taste. My husband will eat that warm/just made, but I prefer to have it sit a few hours in the fridge. I'm the same way with tuna fish or chicken salad as well. If we're opening a new jar of mayo, I won't eat it right away; it's too warm for me. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2014 - 2:55pm

Do you want  wet or dry?

I do an amazing  dry grilled chicken sallad,  with lettuce,cucumber  and what ever is in season and then add peices of  storebought grilled chicken, flakes of parmasan and  flaked almond and serve with a ceasar dressing.

For a wet sallad  I love club sallad, easy and so lovely.

½ pound streaky smoked bacon

1 grilled storebought chicken

1 cup sourcream

½ cup mayo

1 teaspoon of dijon mustard

10 sundried tomatoes

5 tablespoon of finely chopped chives or scallions

salt and pepper to taste.

Cut the bacon into  stripes, fry until crispy and  leave on  paper  and let it cool.  Remove the meat from the chicken and chopp into bitsize peices.  Cut the tomatotes into thin strips.  Mix everything in a bowl and taste, season with salt and pepper.

If you have fresh basil you can add this, but otherwise it is nice as it is,

I do have an ace  pasta chicken salad too if you want it?

Bacon and chicken together is ace.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2014 - 7:45pm

One with a southwestern twist, and no mayo!  ;-)

http://www.henryhappened.com/jalapeno-lime-chicken-salad.html

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-05-2014 - 8:28pm
I use baked chicken breasts and dice them. I like to make a 'Waldorf a Chicken Salad' with apples, raisins, walnuts and celery. I mix with mayonnaise. I never measure...but I try to have more chicken than the other ingredients!
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2014 - 11:25am

Wow Thanks everyone! I had no idea there were so many options. Every one of these look great and I will wind up trying them all over the summer.

One more question: Do you serve chicken salad with crackers or some sort of bread (like croisants)?

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2014 - 9:15pm

Bread, yes.  Or breadsticks.  Personally I would never serve croissant with a main course; it is strickly a breakfast item in my kitchen.  ;-)

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2014 - 11:24am

Crossaints for me are  only served with sweet.   

Here we get  chicken salad filled  baugettes, bagels, peta breads, rolls and other small breads,, a little bit of sallad and some veggies for decorations.  Really yummy.

Community Leader
Mon, 06-09-2014 - 2:47pm
Looking good to me... thanks for the ideas..
<
Community Leader
Mon, 06-09-2014 - 2:47pm
They really do have some new ideas to try..
<

Pages