Easy Meal Planning

iVillage Member
Easy Meal Planning
Sat, 08-10-2013 - 11:44am

Where has the family dinner hour gone? There once was a time when we would all come home from a long day and sit down with our family for a nice home-cooked meal. In today's fast paced world, we need more bonding time with the family. One might say that in today's day where people pile way too much on the plate of life, that it is impossible to have a family dinner everyday. I disagree. Wouldn't you like to get back to the way it used to be?

http://foodandtrips.com/default.aspx?homearticle=Easy%20Meal%20Tips.txt

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-24-2013 - 1:39pm

Well in the old days the woman had to stay home even if she didnt want too, the second world war changed that and gave woman a chance.

We eat home made meal everyday and we mealplan too, I use my easy meal plan which has been posted about here on ivillage.  We even cook in advance if we know we will not have the time.

Community Leader
Wed, 08-21-2013 - 9:48pm
Well in this house here I try to eat all together on certain times Not always eating the same thing due to I am a dieter I make all kinds of things so they get variety.. I try not to make to much so there isn't to many leftovers to eat up.. I sure love to cook.. I just got a part time job since my son graduated and I am now a mom who has a empty nest.. I do believe family eating is not like it was long ago People nowadays have busy lifestyles.. Just a different way of living.. * this is just my opinion
<
Community Leader
Sat, 08-10-2013 - 3:07pm

There are a variety of reasons that J and I don't have a home cooked dinner together every night. Several nights a week, I'm actually out of the house on business trips. Over the summer, we don't want to heat up the house more with cooking, and J can be a bit picky and not eat leftovers, even if they're remade into another dish.

We don't have kids; so, I'm not as worried about having a sit down meal to connect with a whole family at this point in my life. While I do wish I cooked more at home sometimes, I also realize that for just two people with the other stuff we have going on, it's not as feasible for our lifestyle as going out or snacking through dinner.

Liz

Clinical Research Associate

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.