Fall Crop Apples Pumpkins and Squash

Community Leader
Fall Crop Apples Pumpkins and Squash
Wed, 10-16-2013 - 12:16pm

Just wondering if anyone is doing anything special with it..

I have been doing up carrots for the freezer  made some  roasted parnips

Picking some fall apples   90 cents a lb..

Made some delicious  pies to give away  and some delicious apple crisip..

Made some  pumpkin mouse   * ww style 

I also got a recipe for apple  yogurt  cool whip and sugar free pudding   which
was  nice.. 

I just wondering if anyone   else is doing anything  Fall   Crops..

Making some  decorated sugar cookies at my job  to sell  to the customers..

Fall is in the air....

<
Community Leader
Thu, 10-17-2013 - 9:20pm

I don't do anything with sweets often; but I have been looking at new recipes for entrees with pumpkins and winter squash.  Apples?  I just eat 'em!  

I get discouraged with fall cooking because it is so hard to cook for one with fall veggies.  Except carrots.  I can't get enough carrots.  

If you love butternut, hubbard, or acorn squash, try this.  Halve and seed them, removing all the pulp.  Rub some oil on the skins.  Make a little stuffing:  brown a few sausage patties with some mushrooms, onion and garlic, break it up and toss in some stuffing mix or croutons; add a little chicken broth and toss; pile that into the hollows of the squash and bake until the squash is tender.  Or just halve the squashes, stuff with your favorite bread stuffing mix, and drape a little bacon over the top.  Bake or grill, either recipe; delicious and it takes no time!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 11-05-2013 - 4:10am

I usually just clean them,  cut them up and put in the freezer for the winter.  I will also shred a bunch of carrots in  2 cup batches for things like carrot cake, fritters and whatever strikes my fancy.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 11-11-2013 - 7:52pm
Now this sound delicious. Lately I have been baking the whole squash in the oven I prick it and then bake it.. I do wash it beforehand.. * so what happen to #2
<
Community Leader
Mon, 11-11-2013 - 7:53pm
now this is a great idea shredding I never thought of that one.. I sure do enjoy the bounty.. esp the apples...
<
Community Leader
Mon, 11-11-2013 - 7:54pm
Hey Linda if you look under your name on the left side of the page of your post or your comment to others you will notice you are a community leader.. We just don't carry the cl in the name.. its under our names...
<
Community Leader
Mon, 11-11-2013 - 7:55pm
antoni_kenwa Community Leader Posts: 1858 Registered: 01-25-2000
<