Got the freezers organized!

iVillage Member
Got the freezers organized!
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 6:46pm

So today my mom and I emptied, defrosted, inventoried and organized both the chest freezer and the fridge freezer. Wow, only took us 3 hours, lol. Might not have taken so long, except both boys were up so we were pretty regularly distracted. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get through the rest of our cupboards so we can make a shopping list off of what we need for our month of dinners. However tonight, its delivery pizza Smile.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 7:08pm

Good job!  Inventory is always a good thing.  Since my cabinets tend to look pretty much like a restuarant stock room, I'm thinking about taking the doors off of them.  Get that "open shelving" look.  I have worked a little bit on the freezer in the top of the fridge, not done yet.  The chest freezer is pretty good.  

Getting organized ALL OVER the house was on my list for the holidays, with extra time off work, but I blew my knee out and still can't walk quite normally.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 10:41pm

I did that this summer, much nicer working in a freezer when it's 90 degrees out!  =D But I DO need to get the kitchen cabinets done, and my fridge is looking a bit nasty.  

~Misty~

Community Leader
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 7:04pm

The fridge...I need to wash my shelves!  I see a lot in my freezer that is just going into the trash this weekend, it's been there too long.  I cook too much for one person, then I forget the leftovers.  Yell

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2013 - 9:21am

That's one thing that despite our lack of an inventory we've managed to do. We've been really good at dating things we put in there and using the oldest stuff first. I think now we'll be even better about it Smile

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 11:31am
Thanks I have to do that... Great project ..
<