Happy New Year!

Community Leader
Happy New Year!
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 1:44pm

Wishing you the VERY best of luck, love, and good dishes for your 2011!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 3:05pm

Happy New year to you too.

I try to come to iVillage early in the day so my eyes can read a few posts, after a little while of sqinting I am done for...lol Sure hope they get things fixed soon.

Christmas Day Del and I had homemade chicken noodle soup. For New Year's I think maybe I will fix a beef roast.

I have tried to fix very small pieces of meat there is just the 2 of us. But for some reason it just isn't right. so I get a 4-5 # roast and if it is a good one (not a lot of fat) I will have some to make pot pies and grind for sandwiches.

I have been trying to not eat a lot of meat for diet reasons...lol...but in rural Nebraska you just don't go out and eat that healthy so it is best to stay home.

Del's favorite meat is Prime Rib.....don't know why when it is a roast they call it a steak but I just never did like it and my stomach rebels against all that fat.

If he wants PR he can eat it when we go out...lol... That is the best solution.

We were supposed to get a blizzard but I think it kind of fizzled. I was ready for it we haven't had much snow and I know we have to have some or it wouldn't be winter so lets get it over with....lol....Next week it will be back in the 30s I like that......as I get older the cold isn't that much fun anymore.

I am going to try some new things this year. I found a place to get spices etc that are very reasonable....I mean the ones I can't get around here.

Community Leader
Fri, 12-31-2010 - 8:54pm

I love your new Year's Wish!

Photobucket