Have you ever broiled grapefruit?

Community Leader
Have you ever broiled grapefruit?
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 6:42pm

I hear a lot about broiled grapefruit but I can't get past cutting one in half and just devouring it in it's virgin perfection.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 7:41pm

I don't eat sugar on mine either...I don't guess I would like it broiled with sugar either!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 5:37pm
I agree I to love them plain For me now I have to time the eating of them due to my BP medicine I take.
I honestly eat them without sugar but I have seen the broiled one and I have seen them eaten with honey too. Now you have me wondering if I should take a chance and broil one..
<
Community Leader
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 2:50pm

Being a salt o holic like I am the thought of sugar on grapefruit and tomatoes don't set well with me...but there are some things like rhubarb that I just can't eat cooked it is too,,,,,well slimey......

I don't think I have ever had a cooked grapefruit I am like you I can't get much past the rind and it is a goner....lol I also love Ocean Spray (only) white grapefruit juice....but because of meds I only drink it maybe once a year. But the bottle isn't safe around me.....I really prefer the white grapefruit to the pink ones....

Give me a grapefruit, rhubarb or lemons ( have those several nights a week) and kosher salt and it is all over..lol

Bad Janet