How do you plan to handle Halloween night?

Community Leader
How do you plan to handle Halloween night?
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 7:47pm

It's a school night, that changes everything for a working mom!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 9:45am
I work 10am-3pm Mondays (usually) and I plan on taking him downtown to the trick or treat that the businesses put on. It goes from 3-5pm, so we'll have "fun" finding parking (which is already difficult), and we might trick or treat up and down our street, but that's enough for a 2 year old who doesn't even have a clue what is going on just yet. Guess I should inform DH about my plans.......lol. To come to the downtown one he would have to get off work early too, but he works really close, so he could just come straight from work and meet us there.
Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:08pm

Nicki and her "boyfriend" were both about 15 months old for the first trick or treat.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 1:55pm
This year will be the first one that we will be sitting home..
We use to go out and walk the town for a hour or two just enjoying
ourselves..
( kids are to tall and older now... 16 and 22, she sure loved going
trick or treating even at 21 she went... she is tiny for the age)
<
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 2:50pm
LOL, Karen, that is a cute story! Hannah never wanted to say Trick or Treat, she'd practice, and then chicken out when we got to the doors.

It's hard to go trick or treating here, it's so rural. A couple years ago when DD3 was a baby I took DD then 4 to the Haunted House the Grange put on, but it was a half hour trip both ways, so I didn't do it again. We go to my nephew's, they always have a huge goodie bag for the girls, and then my sister's, and she does the same thing. She puts together a special bag for my DD's. Then we usually hit the two grocery stores, and least year that was it. But this year they are having a thing called "Trunk or Treat" here in town. Where people come with candy in their cars. I think it's a great idea, so we'll go there also this year and not have to spend a lot of money on gas driving around all over!!

It is a school night, but we keep it quick regardless. DH will be home about 5:30, we'll eat dinner, and probably be out the door by 6 and home by 7 or 7:30. The girls bed time is 8:30, so that will still work out well for us, even if they get to bed a half hour later, it's all good!! It also works out well this year because DD6 parent teacher conference is the next day, so DH gets to come home Monday night... he usually stays with his mom, 2 hours away, during the week...anyway, he'll come home, take the next day off, and get to come trick or treating and to the conference.

~Misty~