I *can* do it

iVillage Member
I *can* do it
Tue, 01-11-2011 - 3:27pm

I do love to cook. While I may not be great at it, or good, I do enjoy it. I do have 2 kids that dont like to share my attention with the stove, so it makes it stressful and sometimes very difficult. Dh has been home a little earlier in the evenings so I have been making some better stuff! Anyway, Karen, on your other board you posted a method of roasting a pork loin. I did it that way, and it turned out wonderfully. I did pull it out of the oven a little earlier though. I pulled it out around 140-145 I think and let it rest for a good 15 mins. Very moist. Everyone cleaned thier plates. Also, wanted to thank you for posting that sauce recipe for the awesome blossom or bloomin onion (whatever they call it) a while back. I whipped it up today and it is soooooo good! I would put that on anything! Hollandaise sauce that you posted a while back is also in the works for later in the week. It may take me a while, but I do get around to making the recipes you post for me and sometimes others. Your advice doesnt go ignored.

I also made a chimichurri sauce yesterday. Go Me! The version I made was so good and just what I was looking for. All of the herbs I bought made 2 batches of the stuff and i will use it later in the week.

I will post how the hollandaise turns out incase you are curious!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

Community Leader
Thu, 01-13-2011 - 3:27pm

You're the best, Christina!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-13-2011 - 6:49pm
I have made the playdough many times for my oldest. I prefer the home made over te store bought, bc I think the store bought has a funky smell.
Thanks for the ideas. I may need to try it. If I can keep the youngest one in the kitchen, it will work. As soon as he gets a chance he crawls away like a race horse out of the gate!

Visit

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-17-2011 - 9:26am
Ok, so I gave the hollandaise a shot. My stinkin blender imploded/exploded. Im not really sure which. But I was doing it, and all of the sudden its all on the counter! I think it was leaking out of the bottom of the blender cup and then down the base. I guess it wasnt in the cards yesterday. The whole day was off in so many ways, I guess I should have expected something to go wrong. I will give it another go. I still have another blender in the box in a cabinet. I will see if I can figure out what happened with this one too. Based on sunday, I am so thankful monday is here.

Visit

Community Leader
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 9:31pm

As soon as you can get the kids up to the sink with a brush and let them scrub veggies and as they get a little older teach them to peal etc......either they are going to want to help all the time or get so bored that they will just go and play.....either way it can be a win, win for you.

Community Leader
Thu, 01-20-2011 - 11:43pm

Oh NO!!!

Photobucket