I could use some dinner ideas, please!

iVillage Member
I could use some dinner ideas, please!
Fri, 06-28-2013 - 2:54pm

My SIL, her husband and 2 kids are coming for a visit next week, and will be here for over a week.    We are in the midst of finishing up baseball, and they will be doing lots of day trips so I'm not sure how many meals I'll have to plan.  I have to admit I'm not looking forward to cooking for 10 people for that amount of time :(  

Any suggestions on some quick and easy meals?   I've already got sliders, baked ziti and grilled chicken on the list.  

Community Leader
Thu, 07-04-2013 - 5:59pm
I know you could make hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill plus you could make mac and cheese all kids love cheese.. I come from a super size family and my mom use to make mac and tomatoes which was nice. You could grill potatoes * slice them add a little salt and butter to foil and wrap place on grill and bake.. I also make submarines and cut them in pieces.. chips and pickles you have a nice picnic meal.. Tacos or chili and soup and salad for the adults.
<
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-03-2013 - 9:50am
That's a good suggestion about the chicken, although not sure I'll have any left over. Probably enough for me, and I love chicken salad :) I took some pork tenderloins out of the freezer, will do bacon wrapped ones one night, and also picked up the fixings for tacos. Thanks for the suggestions!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 6:12pm

Can you do extra things with the chicken that will help it become more than one meal, like sandwiches one night and chicken salad the next?

Have you ever tried grilling pizza? That might be fun if you can let the kids make their own mini pizzas.

Make your own tacos might be fun, too. You might be able to get ingredients for the tacos prepped and stored in the fridge before they get home from the day excursion, too, and then just take everything out and let them have at it!

I hope you all have a good time during the family visit!

Liz

Clinical Research Associate

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.