It's SHOWTIME!!!

Community Leader
It's SHOWTIME!!!
Fri, 12-24-2010 - 5:18pm

I just finished rubbing down a big pork loin and my hands smell wonderfully garlic-y and celery-y and onion-y and thyme-y.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 7:19pm
It sounds excellent! So glad it all went well, and you are SO RIGHT about those green beans and the ham juices!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2010 - 10:11am

My cooking weekend went ok. Saturday I made mac n cheese in my pressure cooker. Everyone loved it! I made so many deviled eggs! For some reason, some of them peeled nicely, others where horrible. Not sure there. But they all tasted great. Saturdays batch was gone in no time flat. Sundays batch had about 6 left. My big meal on sunday went well. I did a 17 lb whole ham. got up at 5 and stuck him in the oven. Pulled him out at 11 and let him rest before I cut it up. I used the juice from the ham to cook my green beans in and they were great! I cooked up 2 pots of noodles, and transfered them to the crock pot to stay warm so that I could have more stove top space. We had enough food for everyone, leftovers for us, and I sent home ham meat with a few too. They loved the ham. Mom made a turkey at her place, and cut it up and brought it so that we would have some of each. It worked out well. We had Ham, turkey, deviled eggs, noodles, rolls (homeade my me!), corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, brownies, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and cookies!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit