Lettuce Wraps

iVillage Member
Lettuce Wraps
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 4:14pm

After all the heavy food of the holidays, I'm feeling that maybe my jeans shrunk?

~Misty~

Community Leader
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 8:52pm

It's not so hard, really, and going back to whole foods brought FLAVOR back into my life!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-29-2012 - 8:09pm
Oh my gosh!! Annoying and complicated to get your head around, let alone deal with on a daily basis. I had no idea Karen!! I would imagine that you have to disect food. It makes my sugar and carb counting seem very simplistic!!

~Misty~

Community Leader
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 11:17pm

I've got a friend who is severely anorexic/bulemic; she looks twice my age and suffers from many problems with bone health.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 10:27pm
So much great advice Karen!! And yup, I used a ton of mayo for my lettuce warps! But they were SO good...lol. But, you have me thinking....anything I would put in a salad, I could just toss into a lettuce leaf and it's figner food. BLT sounds great, chopped tomato and bacon, yum! And low carb is what I'm after. I want to eat more beans, but there are few ways I really like them. But now I'm also thinking chicken, ham and turkey. I don't have a cholesterol problem, so I've been told that meat if my friend, for now anyway!

I really think you should go for the cert in nutrition! You'd be great. One of my best friends from school is working online to be a nutritionist, mostly because she's suffered from bulemia for many years.

~Misty~

Community Leader
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 4:28pm

You are on the right path, and the iceberg will get you a good crispy wrap.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 9:53am
I bet that would be good!!!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 3:43pm
I used plain old iceburg, and it folded really well with the chicken salad I made. I just took asbig a piece of lettuce that I could get off the head, and put a ling of filling ni the middle, and wrapped it up like a burrito. It didn't break like I was afraid of. I want to try Romain too...I'm wondering about Endive. Not sure how to spell that!!

The next time I made taco's, I'm going to try that! It sounds good. I'm wondering also about teriyaki chicken, cut into strips or chunks.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 7:21pm
I've wanted to make burritos and just use lettuce rather than a tortilla. I just havent done it, lol. I think that would be good. I enjoy lettuce too.
In my head, I can see the lettuce breaking when trying to use it as a tortilla, so I was thinking like, Romain and just slightly folding it...technically that'd be a taco I guess..Ha!.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 5:04pm
That is what I'm trying to do also, lower carbs means better blood sugar numbers for me!

Today I made chicken salad, and used made that into a lettuce wrap, and I loved it, much better than a dry chewy piece of bread. Now I just need more ideas as to waht to put into it!

~Misty~

Community Leader
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 3:37pm
I do make lettuce wraps for myself due to I live on diet..
I love lettuce of any kinds..
I have omitted the bread for lettuce with all kinds of things I want to eat..
It sure helps me keep my figure...
Kroni will be around to add to this also... She will have her idea on it also..
<