Looking for recipe

Community Leader
Looking for recipe
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 12:59pm

Last week while watching Paula Deen she cooked something it was either salmon or fried green tomatoes but she topped it with Vidalia Onion Slaw, I got a call and had to turn down the tv but I don't think it was cooked and it only took her a little bit to stir this up to put on top of whatever it was she cooked...but I thought that looked so good to top anything...we both love onions here.

Does anyone remember seeing that? All I can find is for cooked onions but she called it slaw......

I wrote it down thinking I could just go in and bring it right up..I have done that bfore but not this time.....

Any clues? I know it had mayo......I am going to have to get me one of those new fangled re corders for my tv I think......lol

Thanks

Community Leader
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 4:18pm
I have that annoying allergy situation, I would do this relish with olive oil instead of mayo, but it sounds heavenly for a sub or burger! I'm gonna make some!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 3:43pm

Yes this is the one I was looking for. The cooked one sounds good to but I thought this sounded so good like on a burger, if I have to start using turkey and soy beans then by George I am going to get some flavor from my relish.....Thanks so much...

A couple years ago I found seasoned rice vinegar not a wine vinegar...and this stuff is so good I could drink it. It is not as strong as some vinegars so a lot of times when I have a salad I just drip some of this over my salad no oil or anything..and it tastes great in the summer if you take fresh tomatoes (even cherry ones) and just a little salt and peper with a little of this vinegar on them..I sometimes grate some garlic into it and let it set a while too.....nice and fresh tasting...

Thanks again.....

Community Leader
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 1:40pm

You might like this one.

Sweet and Sour Onions

4 large sweet onions
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup sugar

Preparation:

Slice the onions and arrange in a shallow 1-quart baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over the onions. Bake at 300° for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until onions are tender.
Sweet and sour onions recipe serves 4 to 6.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 1:36pm

She made that for fried green tomatoes.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 1:31pm

OH heavens, YES!

Photobucket