Community Leader
In reply to: k_roni
Tue, 03-08-2011 - 2:07pm
Thanks
<
Community Leader
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 7:48pm

There was a recipe popular in the 60's that used grape jelly.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 5:30pm
I love any kind of meatballs..
Any size any way red sauce gravy or white sauce or just plain and simple..
With pasta with potato and gravy and even with sauce with a roll.
I make them basic or italian with cheese and parsley in them .. I have no special way but all of the above..
<
Community Leader
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 2:57pm

If you talk to my kids you will find that I am the meanest mother in town.....not now that they are grown and are bad to their own kids..but ground beef was so cheap when they were little that we had it a lot...

One time I made up some meatloaf...and the kids saw and were having a fit I told them that I was making meat balls and well that was ok.....even though I had it mixed up as meat loaf....making a little round meatloaf instead of a big one made it better......I guess....they loved it...

Anyway one time I put stuff in them, some of them had onions, some had cheese some had left over broc...that I cut up small.....but I made a ton of them so they got different things. They were not happy when they found onions and green stuff in them but there were none left...lol

Today for Del I make them a ton of ways but he does like them with the cheese in the middle he also like carmalized onions with or in them too.....

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-07-2011 - 9:39am
I like them small. I did try searing them once and really it didnt seem worth the extra time it took. I will just stick with cooking them all the way in the oven. I enjoy them in spaghetti. We also make them and just put a sauce over them while they bake. Ketchup, vinegar, bit of sugar, worchestershire sauce.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit