Mother's Day--In or Out?

Community Leader
Mother's Day--In or Out?
Wed, 05-07-2014 - 2:02pm

My boyfriend asked me Monday what I wanted to do for Mother's Day.  1) We could go out; 2) He could cook for me; 3) I cook as always.  What are you doing?  

My boyfriend said he can cook, but has never volunteered before because I do it so much better than he!  That cracked me up.  I think I may suggest we go out for some good old Mississippi fried catfish.  He loves it, and I'm game for anything!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 05-16-2014 - 3:02pm

Wren, I wound up with porterhouse steaks on the grill, portobello mushrooms (marinated and grilled), grilled asparagus, bernaise sauce, grilled red onions, corn on the cob...can't recall what else! 

Sabrtooth, I love Bostons!  They have no clue they are dogs.  Do yours talk?  Mine did!  Pair a Boston with a Weimaraner, which also has no clue it is a dog, and you live in Abbot and Costello's house!  I sure did...perpetual pranking each other AND me!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 05-10-2014 - 6:08pm
I am in I love cooking and the restaurants are not as good as I can cook.. I hope you enjoy your cat fish...
<
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2014 - 7:45pm

Kroni-I had planned to make a "breakfast casserole" but both kids went phtttt.  So they put their heads together, and decided we'd make "special" French Toast.  One dd has apple fritter bread, and the other has some gourmet irish soda bread, and a jar of 100% Maple syrup one of her gf's sent her from New Hampshire.  They'll make that, and I'll make the bacon and coffee.

My 2yo granddaughter is used to dogs.  Her parents have 2 Bostons, and we have 2 Bostons and a Pug.  Her other grandparents raise   Chihuahuas.  The newborn's parents have 3 cats, and the other grandpa is a Vet.  There isn't much our kids can't tolerate!!

Community Leader
Fri, 05-09-2014 - 5:25pm

My mom doesn't want to drive out this year, so I'll be spending Mother's Day with just my husband and kids. We're looking to do lunch at a new restaurant nearby and then some shopping maybe. :)

Community Leader
Fri, 05-09-2014 - 2:07pm

Sabretooth, that is what my daughter and I usually do, all cook together early and then she and her hubby can have a date night for dinner.  But his mother keeps the kids.  I have dogs and my granddaughters are terrified of them! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2014 - 12:26pm

You should definitely go- catfish is the best!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2014 - 11:48pm

Both my daughters are mothers themselves, so this year they are coming over with the kids for breakfast, which we will all cook together.  For a change, both their husbands are off work, so after spending the afternoon taking the kids to visit other grandmas and great-grandmas, the dds are dropping the grandkids back here in the evening, and they & their dhs are going out for dinner.  This was the best gift I could think to give them.  Time alone together.

Community Leader
Wed, 05-07-2014 - 6:58pm

Probably bringing in some carry-out like pizza, or if dh is up to it we'll go out for dinner. Both kids are far away so they won't be providing a meal for me. All I know is that I'm not cooking! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2014 - 2:27pm

We're doing brunch out and that's it. Maybe a little shopping, but otherwise, brunch and home.