My co-worker told me my cheese was bad...

Community Leader
My co-worker told me my cheese was bad...
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 7:42pm

This morning I stopped at the deli counter and bought an elegant little wedge of bleu cheese.  For breakfast I had ham and cheese on crackers, then wrapped up the remaining cheese and stuck it in the fridge.  My office partner, April, came into my office and said, "I think your cheese has molded!"  I said, "It should be!  It's bleu cheese!"  

Then we got into a discussion about cheese.  She brings cheddar every day.  I bring the cheese du jour...brie, gouda, Swiss, fontina, mozzarella, feta, gorgonzola...just about anything that catches my interest at the deli counter.  

My bleu today was spreadable, great on crackers.  I look forward to having some more in the morning.  So I left it in the office fridge.  

Which should smell funky as heck in the morning...LOL!  How do YOU feel about stinky cheese?

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 12:20pm
YEAH!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 8:42am
Love stinky cheese, how about imported provolone
Community Leader
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 4:39pm

At Mud Island, I had 5 restaurants.  Though they all had different menus, a few things were available in all of them.  The gorgonzola cheese dressing we made was fabulous, and a top selling item in all 5 restaurants.  It's not heavily veined but it is a bleu.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:02pm

I would be your new best friend.  I like all types of cheese but I've learned the a good bleu is best in small quantities.  My favorite types of cheese are swiss, a nice hard emmentar and Gruyere are my favorite.  My husband will buy a 5 lb brick of medium cheddar and go through it in one month.  Every evening he get himself some cheese and as soonl as one of our cats hears the drawer open to get the cheese planer he comes running. Then he sits there only squinting he's eyes at the human until he get his own piece of cheddar.  Every evening, no fail.

PattyK

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/yttap/siggys/
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:29am
I love bleu spread on pear slices, yum!

<

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 10:45pm
I'm one of those that if I don't like the smell of something I can't eat it, soooo, that eliminates a lot of cheeses for me. If they were to be "hidden" in something like a sauce or a dip, prolly wouldn't bother me as much.
Photobucket