No cooking here.

Community Leader
No cooking here.
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 2:53pm

I know I have said this before it is just to much of a hassle and gets kind of scary having people on the roads in the winter so we have our yearly family thing in then summer at the park shelter house.....That is all our Holidays and that way we get a lot more people and no one is stuck having to either do it all or have 50+ people in their house.......

If we didn't do it that way there would be so many family members that we just wouldn't get to see....and it is a great photo op......lol

But people here in town always invite us because we will be "alone" on the holiday...which really don't bother us.....but now that our son has moved back to town his wife does the holiday thing and I can make something and go there for a good meal and get to talk to the grands......

Ok, I have to say yes, sometimes I think about having 20-25 people here for Thanksgiving and putting up the tree and decorating which was my thing for so many years....to get myself out of that warm fuzzy mood I think about getting the tree out that left all of it's needles in the carpet not to mention the sap that dripped on there as well...and the cleaning and ..........there it worked I am over it again.......lol

11/11/11 is our anni. it will be 50 years.......and we still like to be along with each other.....we are ok.......

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 2:58pm
50 years is truly something to be proud of! Congrats! My sister and I had a huge party for my parets on their 50's, it was in 2003.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 3:57pm
WOW Janet! Congratulations! That is truly an accomplishment. I hope you two have a wonderful anniversary.
Photobucket

Community Leader
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 11:07pm

I have to confess I am in awe of your success at marriage!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 4:00pm
I think having a lot of people, even if it is loved family, is a bit overwhelming. Before my mom died, we always had between 25-30 people at my parent's house. The house was plenty big enough, but with that many people, you can't really visit and talk to anyone. Between the cooking, eating, and cleaning up, no one really had the time to catch up, other than a hi, how are you. Last year at my MIL's we had 8, that was plenty. This year we will be home with my MIL, only five of us. That's all my tiny house can take, but it works better for us. We are comfortable, and can spent some quality time together. Not to mention all the leftovers!! =D

~Misty~